Chapter 2: An Unexpected Visitor

"Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?"

Across the room your silhouette

Starts to make its way to me

The playful conversation starts

Counter all your quick remarks

Like passing notes in secrecy

-Taylor Swift Enchanted

The gang had barely missed the train going to Hogwarts due to Harry taking forever in the loo to try to spruce up his unruly jet black hair, and Ron not being able to find his shoes. When they got on the train, Ron and Hermione had to go to the prefects meeting (as Hermione was Head Girl and Ron was elected prefect again), so Harry and Ginny went and found an empty cabin for the two to join them later. So far, things were going rather well. Harry and Ginny seemed to had forgotten about yesterday's ordeal, and was simply enjoying each other's company. A snog here, a cuddle there, and some laughs in between. Everything seemed to be going well.

Until Susan Bones came to the cabin and asked Harry to come with her.

Harry grinned as he got up to leave. "Wait a second. You're actually going?!" cried out a very upset Ginny.

"Yeah of course." said Harry nonchalantly. "She had wrote to me telling me she had a snitch collection to show me. I won't be long."

"Oh I don't believe this. Like that slag can't bring it to you."

"She's not a slag Ginny, damn. I'm not going through this with you again. I'm gone." said Harry going out the door, leaving it open.

Ginny threw a box of Every Flavor Beans after him. But instead of it hitting him, it hit a Slytherin with platinum blonde hair who was passing by.

"Damn Weasley what was that for?" he scowled standing outside Ginny's cabin, holding the side of his head.

Ginny gasped. "Oh shit, I'm sorry Malfoy. I didn't mean to hit you."

Draco Malfoy looked at the red headed vixen. He never really had an issue with the youngest Weasley. He actually found her pretty and interesting. But he would never let anyone know that.

"Of course you didn't. I just happened to walk by and get hit with nasty ass candy by a Weasley for no reason" said Draco with a mischievous grin.

Ginny rolled her eyes. "Don't flatter yourself. I was aiming at the git that had just left here."

"Ohhh. You mean Saint Potter." said Draco coming into her cabin and shutting the door.

'And what makes him think he can waltz his ass in here and stay for tea?' thought Ginny. 'Mmm he does smell good though.'

"And what makes you think me accidentally hitting you with a box of candy was an invite?" said Ginny being surprisingly coy.

"I can sit here it I want to. I feel that you owe me that for trying to take my head off." said Draco giving a legit smile.

'Hmmm. He's gotten a lot hotter since last term.' thought Ginny checking Draco out.

" If you're going to be a smartass I'm not interested in you sitting here with me." said Ginny, looking Draco directly into his gorgeous and unusual gray eyes.

'Such fire!' thought Draco to himself. 'And Potter got her how? Clearly he doesn't know what to do with her.'

"Why are you pissed at Potter?" asked Draco, genuinely concerned.

Ginny was shocked that he was actually being casual with her, but she couldn't let him know that. "He was being a prat. You of all people know what that is like."

"Oh ha ha ha, very funny, Ginger. I may be a prat sometimes, but I am nowhere near Saint Potter's level, and I have no desire to be."

"For once I'm inclined to agree with you." said Ginny looking out the window.

Draco looked at the girl in front of him. He was used to seeing her be so sure of herself and full of life. And this girl sitting before him wasn't like that. What had Potter done?

"Aren't you two dating?"

"Brilliant Holmes." said Ginny, with a small grin.

"Whatever. The way I've seen him act on the train so far, I had to make sure." said Draco with a smirk.

"He has groupies now." said Ginny not stopping herself from opening up to him.

"Ah. So I see. Well you know what the solution is to that don't you?"

"And what Malfoy is that?"

"Let him do what he is doing. If he is acting like that then he really doesn't deserve you now, does he? "

Ginny looked at Draco. No sign of teasing was in his face. If anything, he looked like he was being sincere.

"Thanks...I think." she said, holding out her hand for him to shake.

Draco took her hand and kissed it. The instant his lips touched her skin, her hand felt like it was on fire, and a familiar feeling of longing took over her body. He then walked out of the cabin, leaving Ginny confused, hot, and bothered.

About an hour later Ron and Hermione came into the cabin arguing over something that had happened in the meeting. Ginny sat back and laughed as she watched the two go at it for what seemed like ages, only for them to stop, give each other a somewhat forced apology, and then go back to being flirty friends.

'They are so hopelessly in love, it's sickening' thought Ginny.

She looked out the window as her thoughts started to drift to Draco. They had a normal conversation that wasn't filled with name calling, jabs at her and her family's poverty, or really anything negative about her. It was actually fun. He had even made her feel somewhat good about herself. What was with that boy?

Eventually Harry came back and started apologizing for "her misunderstanding" from earlier, and tried to literally kiss and makeup. Ginny however wasn't having any of it.

Draco was right. The way he was acting, Harry really didn't deserve her. And if he kept that up long enough he was going to find out just who did.