Chapter 20: Dark Marks

On the first page of our story

The future seemed so bright

Then this thing turned out so evil

I don't know why I'm still surprised

Even angels have their wicked schemes

And you take that to new extremes

But you'll always be my hero

Even though you've lost your mind

-Rihanna Love The Way You Lie Part 2

Christmas had arrived. Ginny was showered with presents. Her usual Weasley sweater from her Mum and Dad, a goblin made ring from Bill, a small living Japanese Fireball Dragon replica from Charlie, a book from Percy about cauldrons that she knew she wasn't going to read, a box of exclusive Weasley products from Fred and George, a box of Honeydukes treats from Ron, a gorgeous peacock feather quill with color changing ink from Hermione, a green warming cloak from Blaise, and a note from Draco saying he would give Ginny his present later.

She was surprised to not get anything from Harry. She thought that maybe he wanted to give her his present personally. She took a shower, got dressed, and snuck into Draco's room.

She looked over at the sleeping Draco. The look of innocence and babyface charm that only appears when he is sleep was on his face. Ginny quietly climbed onto his bed and started jumping and yelling.

"WAKE UP DRACO IT'S CHRISTMAS!" said Ginny over and over. Draco's eyes popped open quickly and once he seen that he wasn't woken up over danger, he grabbed Ginny by the leg and pulled her down into him. He tickled her until she begged him to stop, and then held her tight, yelling swear words at her for waking him up .

"Oh you're fine Draco! Get up and open your presents and give me mine, I'm impatient!" said Ginny getting up and continuing to jump on Draco's bed.

Draco laughed as he once again pulled her leg so she would fall. He then got up and went over to the small package and letter that he had gotten over the night. One contained well wishes from his mother along with a lot of money. Draco opened the letter and frowned as he read.

"What's wrong?" said Ginny getting off his bed and walking over to him.

Draco continued to frown and handed Ginny the letter.

Draco,

I was very much disappointed when you didn't come home for the holidays. Your mother was looking forward to your return, and we had many activities lined up for the holidays that you will now not be a part of.

You are avoiding the inevitable. Can't you see what a great honor this will be for you? For the family?

When Easter holiday comes around, you WILL come home and you WILL receive your mark, no ifs, ands, or buts. Looking forward to seeing you very soon.

Give my regards to Blaise Zabini.

Your father,

Lucius Malfoy

Ginny found herself clutching the letter a bit too hard. She threw it on the floor and gave Draco a hug. "You don't have to go Easter if you don't want to. You're of age, Draco. You don't have to listen."

"That's the problem. I do. He will find some kind of way, more than likely through my mother. He uses her to get what he wants out of me."

"But maybe-"

"I DON'T HAVE A CHOICE GINNY!" snapped Draco.

Ginny looked at Draco, devastated..

"Oh shit, I'm sorry for yelling at you Ginny. I didn't mean to take this shit out on you. I'm just...I don't want this." said Draco sitting down on the side of his bed, putting head in his hands.