Chapter 5: Arguments

I wonder why it is,

I don't argue like this,

With anyone but you

I wonder why it is,

I won't let my guard down,

For anyone but you

We do it all the time,

Blowing out my mind,

-Corinne Bailey Rae Like a Star

Since Ginny was now in the trio's Potions class, the four of them would go to Hermione's common room and study together sometimes. It was for the most part quiet, unless Draco and his best mate Blaise Zabini were there, even though they really didn't bother them outside of joking around with Ginny and Hermione from time to time. Something that rubbed both Harry and Ron the wrong way.

"Since when have you been chummy with Slytherins, Mione?" asked Ron.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Me and Draco have an understanding now, as we are heads."

"Really Hermione? You're on first name basis with that git?" asked Harry appalled.

"Oh Harry relax. He isn't all that bad. And Blaise is actually a perfect gentleman, despite his cockiness." said Hermione.

Ron grumbled something inaudible.

"What was that Mr. Weasley?" asked Hermione, growing annoyed.

Ginny and Harry looked at each other. "Here it comes" whispered Harry and Ginny's ear.

"Nothing, nothing at all Miss Granger." said Ron growing more angry by the second.

"Oh Ron, you're impossible. " said Hermione throwing her hands up.

"I don't have snacks this time" whispered Ginny to Harry.

"I got a chocolate bar" said Harry, taking a bar of Honeydukes chocolate out of his bag and splitting it with Ginny.

"I'm impossible? I'm not the one making nice with a bunch of sneaky ass Slytherins now am I?" yelled Ron

"Oh that's rich! So now that I'm trying to get along with them so there won't be problems when they are here, it's a bad thing?" harped Hermione.

"Maybe not all on Zabini. I actually don't mind that git. But Malfoy? He can go to hell." said Ron standing up.

Hermione who was never intimidated by Ron stood up as well. "Well as I said Draco and I have an understanding now!"

"And that's another thing! Don't call him Draco!" shouted Ron.

"Why not? That's his name!"

"WE DON'T CALL HIM BY HIS BLOODY FIRST NAME!"

"MAYBE YOU DON'T RONALD WEASLEY, BUT I DO!"

"YEAH AND SOONER OR LATER YOU TWO WILL BE GIVING EACH OTHER SWEET NICKNAMES AND HAVING MIDNIGHT CONVERSATIONS ON THE COUCH BY THE FIRE!" yelled Ron, making a face in disgust at the thought

Harry had transfigured some parchment into two glasses and filled them with water. He and Ginny continued to watch quietly, as Ron and Hermione had clearly forgotten they were still in the room.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW?” shouted Hermione, her hair starting to frizz.  “OH SO BECAUSE I'M CALLING HIM BY HIS FIRST NAME I'M IN LOVE WITH HIM NOW, IS THAT IT?! I GUESS SINCE I'VE BEEN CALLING HARRY BY HIS FIRST NAME INSTEAD OF POTTER, I MUST HAVE BEEN IN LOVE WITH HIM SINCE AGE 11!"

"Um I'm not a part of this." said Harry even though the two raging bulls didn't hear him.

"I NEVER FUCKING SAID THAT HERMIONE!" yelled Ron turning red as a tomato.

"THEN WHAT THE HECK IS YOUR PROBLEM?!"

"I DON'T BLOODY KNOW HERMIONE, DAMN!" yelled Ron lying.

Hermione glared at him. Her hair was now all over the place and if she could physically do it, steam would be coming out of her ears.

She stomped her foot then stormed off angrily as she went into her bedroom and slammed the door.

Ron sat down on the couch still angry, but more at himself for upsetting Hermione.

Harry and Ginny rolled their eyes. "Ron, don't you think it's FINALLY time to tell her how you feel?" asked Harry.

Ron looked at Harry and sighed. "Oh yeah. Now is the perfect time to go in there and confess my love after I pissed her the hell off and accused her of falling for a bloody Slytherin."

"Just go in there and make this right Ron, at least." said Ginny. "You two are impossible. Worse than Mum and Dad, damn! What you need to do is go in there, slam her onto the bed, and snog her senseless."

"Where did you get that from?" asked Harry.

"I'm a girl. I have thoughts" said Ginny, finishing her chocolate.

"I'll go talk to her if it'll save me from seeing anything the two of you are going to do." said Ron going to Hermione's bedroom door.

He knocked on her door but didn't hear anything. 'She's so damn stubborn, it's cute.' he thought as he opened the door and went into her room.

Hermione was lying on her back on her bed staring at the ceiling. She glanced over at Ron and groaned.

"I didn't say you could come in here." said Hermione in an irate voice.

"I know" said Ron climbing onto her bed and laying on his back beside her.

"And I definitely didn't say you could lay on my bed."

"I know that too."

"So why are you doing things that I didn't say you could do?" asked Hermione trying her best not to smile.

"Because I was being a prat and I'm sorry?" said Ron glancing over at her hoping she would accept his apology.

Hermione grinned. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't stay mad at him.

"Apology accepted. Though I don't know why we had that silly argument in the first place anyways. You were acting like a jealous git." said Hermione turning on her side to face Ron.

"Well maybe I was being a jealous git." said Ron doing the same thing.

Hermione blushed. "Well at least you admitted to it."

"Of course. You're MY best friend. Harry and Ginny are lucky I allow them to be friends with you."

Hermione laughed. "I didn't know our friendship was that exclusive. I'm flattered Ronald." she said as she snuggled up against Ron.

"You can't have too many best friends. Someone may try to steal you away from me" said Ron burying his face in Hermione's hair.

"Never that. I'm all yours" whispered Hermione.

Ron wrapped his arms around Hermione and kissed her on the forehead. He liked that they had made up as quickly and the way that they did. They had matured from having fights and icing each other out for days or weeks on end. They had finally seen that there was no use for it and with the times the way they were, didn't wanna waste time being mad at each other anymore.

Hermione buried her face into Ron's chest. She enjoyed being close to him like this for no reason. As she breathed him in deep, she found herself getting sleepy and drifted off.

Ron looked down at her and smiled. He knew he couldn't move. It would make her feel uncomfortable. Plus he rather liked Hermione going to sleep in his arms. He was wondering if he could try to make this a more usual occurrence.

He summoned Dobby (as quietly as he could summon a house elf) and asked him to go and tell Harry and Ginny to go on about their day. When Dobby disappeared, he drew Hermione in as close as he could get her, tuning the world out so that he could just focus on the small world of him and Hermione at the moment, and then he himself, drifted off to sleep.