Chapter 5

Daisy POV
As the gun hit my head I was plunged into darkness but after a few moments a figure appears. The figure stands a few meters away, the darkness just conceals their identity. I head towards them walking slowly, carefully. I stop 2 steps away and the figure is a man. He raises his head and my suspicions are confirmed-it's Lincoln! I run into his arms and hug him until he starts to gasp a little.
"Oops, sorry," I say, with tears of happiness streaming down my face.
"It's fine, I'm glad to see you too." He replies smiling whilst wiping a tear away.
"I thought I would never see you again. Wait. How am I talking to you?" I ask slightly confused.
"I'm a mix of your memories and imagination, I'm your subconscious and I have a message for you. I'm gone, I will always love you but you need to wake up!"
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"The Watchdogs have invaded you need to save your team." He says whilst tucking my hair behind my ear. I just look at him my eyes focussing on his. Slowly, I lean forward resting my head on his chest. I can hear his heart beating in a steady rhythm, it is comforting. His head rests on mine, such a familiar feeling, I feel safe.
Slowly, I lift my head up and as I do he lifts his. I place my lips on his and then I whisper "I love you."

Simmons POV
I lift my head up, I'm in a room, the cell, my head hurts I go to rub it but notice my hands are not available. Great. My hands are tied together by a rope, that's stupid. Slowly, I untie them. I have looked at my surroundings yet but once my hands are free I stand up. There are no guards, I'm alone. I pace and pace and pace. It has been 10 minutes since I have woken up and no one has realised. Where are they? Where is Fitz? Daisy? Coulson? Mac? May? All the other agents? I sit on the bed and study the walls, I know I can't break out since Fitz and I designed them to be fool proof. I can't get out but I could draw them in. I 'slip' over and 'hit' my head off the bed and start having a 'fit'. With in a minute the door opens and two people come in, I think as my eyes are closed. I hear them head down and one of the people says "Do what you need to do to save her."
The other person doesn't say anything but they both come into the cell - yes the electronic wall is down - one person bends down and they whisper, "Come on Jemma, please don't die." FITZ!
My eyes snap open and I look to Fitz and then the guard. He understands what I'm trying to say. The guard comes across to check how progress is going and Fitz draws a sedative from the first aid kit and hides it in his hand. I have closed my eyes once again to keep up the act. Abruptly, Fitz stands and injects the guard with the sedative. The guard stumbles for a second before falling into a slumber. In this time Fitz and I have put the electronic wall back up and we have stolen his weapons and locked the door which leads to the rest of the base. We don't exit the room.
"Fitz, are you ok?" I ask.
"Yes, are you?" He replies.
"Yes, Daisy and I managed to get to the Zephyr and we were just about to come in and rescue you guys when we were caught. What happened?" I respond.
"Well, we were all in Coulsons office discussing missions when we heard an explosion. We all headed down, armed, when an army of Watchdog members swamped us and captured us. We were taken back to Coulsons office and tied up. They hacked the system and found out that Daisy was in the containment room and that she was inhuman. Quickly, they headed down but they couldn't find you guys. We were relieved but then 10 minutes later they spotted you on the security cameras in the lab. At this point Mac tried to create a distraction so May could escape but that didn't end well, he got knocked out and May was put in one of the cells. Coulson and I remained in his office along with an unconscious Mac. They pulled the security footage on the screen and we saw you guys being captured. Daisy was taken to a containment pod and you the cell. When you started having your 'fit' they untied me and made me help you."
I look at him just astonished by what has happened. We start to make a plan after a minute of silence. First we are going to rescue May and then let her plan the rest. We have calculated that they will be focusing primarily on Daisy and locating the other inhumans and therefore the majority of their guards will be there. After we have finished the plan we head towards the vent and take the cover off and crawl in. Quietly, we crawl through the vents until we reach the other cell. A guard is there. I lift the gun and Fitz kicks the vent cover down. I quickly get out and shoot the guard. I don't think it's fatal but if it isn't he is unconscious. Fitz runs and locks the door as I release May and she says "About time."
This causes me to giggle, she makes anything positive with minimal words. She has changed so much since I first met her. With help from May we drag the, now confirmed, dead soldier into the cell and puts the wall back up. May turns to us and asks, "What's the plan?" Fitz and I look at each other and answer together "We hoped you'd have a plan."