Chapter 17

Simmons POV

A cool breeze passes through the leaves, this startled me back from the demons of my head. The demons, which are causing me so much pain. Nightmares plague my sleep like everybody else but still after 4 years they still scare me. The dream starts to come back in fragments...
I ran through the trees, lost like a little girl. Turning my head rapidly trying to see where I am. I try to scream but my voice isn't working. I feel as if I am drowning. Then I am back in the box under the sea but the water is flooding in and I am alone. No Fitz. Frantically I search for him but he is no-where. As my oxygen supply depletes I shift location and this time I am stuck on the planet and Fitz is there! I run to him but his form shifts and then it  turns to dust flooding my body. No, it's hive. I try to get away but it's too late, I'm dead.
At that point I woke up, drenched in sweat and tears stream down my face as I contemplate what could have happened. Fitz could have died. Reality starts to take its hold on me as I feel a pair of warm arms wrap around me and I start to hear him - Fitz.
"It's ok Jemma, you're safe. It was just a dream. I'm here to protect you." He whispers this over and over again until I stop shaking.
Slowly, I turn to him and whisper
"I love you."
"I love you too."

We look up through the branches into the starry night sky and Fitz starts to ramble to me about solar systems and satellites. I listen but I am dozing off as the safety he provides me is all I need. Just before the darkness tackles me back I hear Fitz say
"Space is one big danger zone but with you at my side we can survive everything and anything..."

Daisy POV

"You don't have to leave me." Lincoln says as I relax into his arms. He strokes my hair as we lay together in the black room, we are in.
"But where are we?" I ask.
"We are in your head - on the verge of death."
"So I am not dead?"
"No but you don't have to live on if it's too painful. You could stay with me for eternity."
"I love you Lincoln."
"You could stay with me but you would never see the team again. Never ship Fitzsimmons again, never watch Coulson and Phil flirt and pretend they're not doing it, never play video games in Coulson's office, never do anything but be here with me."
"What if that's what I want? Lincoln you are my everything, i love everyone so much but you were my heart."
"I am dead Daisy, I am just a figment of your imagination. You need to return."
"I do, but it's so peaceful."
"You need to let me go."
As I say this, he disappears and I fall to the ground with a huge thump.
"I love you Lincoln but you're right."
As I say this the room begins to spin and the light closes in on me.

My eyelids begin to flutter open and the sunlight attacks my eyes, which are in agony. I snap them closed before trying again. This time I am able to assess the surroundings and it is a complete mess. Bodies are thrown throughout the rubble and blood covers nearly every surface.
What have I done?