Chapter 13

A/N - Hi, this is very short - sorry - but I just wanted to hang it on a bit of an emotional cliff hanger. I will be posting some more chapters soon.
Daisy POV

I am dragged down the corridor and in this time I have managed to get a knife from one of the guards, without them noticing. Then I grasp my moment. I sever one of the guys tendons in his Achilles and the other I just impaled in the leg. This occurred in a matter of seconds and by the time I removed the knife from the second guy, the first was screaming in agony. However, this brought unwanted attention as there was a squadron of men 100m away - whom I had failed to see. How had I failed to see them? Why are they there?  Never mind, I need to get moving. There is a sub corridor to my left and there appears to be vents in the wall. I hop as fast as I can dragging my right leg behind me. I reach the vent and the men are at the end of the corridor looking towards me. I grasp the cover and pull and pull. Nothing happens. Then I pull again and again. Each time concern increases. Each time they get closer. With one last might of effort I pull but nothing happens. They are five steps away, all with guns drawn but not firing, they must need me still. Some have tasers and I know where this is going. I pull agin and start hammering at the vent to at least break it but nothing.

I lay my head against it in defeat and one tear tumbles down my face, I'm not going to be able to see my friends - no family. I was so excited, they are my world. Now I will never see them again...