Chapter 23

Daisy POV

Hours upon hours had passed, well that's what it feels like. My eyes are fixated on the screen as the tape prevents me from closing them. The word compliance spins around my head but I ignore it, I focus on something else, anything else.
The torture,
The pain,
The loss.
Lincoln.

I would do so much, anything to be with Lincoln right now. To be at peace. I don't want to be a puppet in Whitehall's game. I don't want to betray my team but my hope is almost gone. I am struggling to hold up. My mind starts going fuzzy as sleep edges closer. My mind is losing. I am losing. No, no, no, no, no, no!
I scream and scream and scream to try and distract myself. To wake myself up. But it doesn't work as my mind is enveloped by darkness. No dream passes through, only one phrase...

Coulson POV

The Zephyr is landing, but it feels like it is taking an eternity. I pace frantically as my concern for Daisy grows every moment we are not with her.

Clunk!

Finally, that is the sound of the Zephyr making contact with the ground. I rush frantically towards the exit, which is being lowered. Fitz, Simmons, Mack and May are in pursuit. They follow me onto the ground, into the destruction. There is rubble everywhere, flames and bodies. There are countless bodies lying carelessly around the place. These all surround a pit, an epicentre of where the earthquake emanated from.

We all scramble frantically towards the crater yelling
"Daisy!"
When we reach the crater we see her, all battered and bloody, all broken.

A moment passes as we all pause in shock at the horrors she has endured but as soon as we get our legs to move we slide down the sides of the crater and reach her.

Simmons pushes past and checks for a pulse, she exhales signifying that she found a pulse. The tension lifts as we realise that she is not dead, that we're not too late.
We managed to save her.
She's safe.
"You're safe now, I promise."

Daisy POV

CoMPLiaNce iS KeY
CoMPLiaNce iS KeY
CoMPLiaNce iS KeY
CoMPLiaNce iS KeY
CoMPLiaNce iS KeY
CoMPLiaNce iS KeY
CoMPLiaNce iS KeY
CoMPLiaNce iS KeY
CoMPLiaNce iS KeY
CoMPLiaNce iS KeY
CoMPLiaNce iS KeY

"You're safe now, I promise."

COMPLIANCE IS KEY.