Chapter 30

Simmons POV

No, no I can't be right. Don't be silly Jemma. Just go back to sleep, but I can't. Daisy is so powerful, what if she has been turned, she'll destroy us all.
Sleep is going to continue to elude me as long as I think about this, so I turn to Fitz. He'll be able to tell me if he's seen anything off about Daisy.
"Fitz" I said into the darkness of our room.
"Yeah Jemma"
"Have you.. um.. noticed like anything odd about Daisy, you know since she's got back?"
He sits for a moments and ponders, knowing full well that I wouldn't just ask this question out of the blue.
"What do you mean by odd?"
"Umm...I'm not sure but just not like Daisy. She's just different. I swear I'm not crazy. I swear I saw her try and stab Coulson. Also she's been really unusual in comparison to normal and that could be due to the trauma inflicted and as a consequence of the concussion she suffered and"
"Wait! She tried to stab Coulson?!"
"Well that's what it looked like on the CCTV."
Fitz leaps out of bed and scrambled across his room to grasp his laptop, which is situated on his desk. ( When we got back we moved into his room. We were going to move into mine but it's next door to Daisy and after seeing the CCTV I didn't want to risk it.)
Swiftly I follow, and by the time I have reached him he has logged in and accessed the CCTV footage. I quickly assist his searching by moving it to the correct time.
We sit and watch it. Fitz's face goes from impassive to concerned very quickly.
"Jemma, there's no medical reason that she'd do that - please say there is."
" Um.. not really the only one would be Stockholm syndrome and that only related to care for your captor and not wanting to leave them, therefore negative resentment can actually be associated with the rescuer. However, I don't think this is the case. She hasn't been demanding to see her captor. I think.. think that she's been .. um.. brainwashed."
The final word just hangs in the air. Neither of us saying anything or moving. We've seen it's affects before and these are similar.
"What do we do?"  Fitz asks.
"I don't know, we can't just go up to Coulson and say we think that Daisy has been brainwashed with literally no evidence."
" I agree the video does show her approaching Coulson with a blade but they would say she was just curious and has the knife for protection after the ordeal. Also she has had many opportunities- which have been better to kill Coulson."
"Yeah"
" We're just going to have to wait and gather evidence. I'll do brain scans tomorrow and then we'll rewatch all CCTV footage with Daisy in it and then when we have enough we'll talk to someone."
"Who do we want to tell, we can't tell Coulson he will dismiss the idea."
"Mack may listen but he may just tell us to drop it as he's like a brother to Daisy."
"Yeah.... what about May."
"Yes she would listen. Which is more than most would and she would consider the idea."
"Alright we tell May when we have enough evidence - come on Watson."
"Hey, you're Watson."
"No you are"
This debate continued for several more minutes and no victor availed...