Chapter 36

Hey,
Yeah so I haven't updated more regularly- sorry! I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll hopefully upload the next one soon (if I remember)
Also - thanks so much for all your kind comments :)
H
Mack POV

Silence fills the room. May lies nearly motionless on the floor, a huge gash on her forehead that drips blood onto the carpet below. Coulson still lays deathly still on the bed, impaled by the knife that is killing him and also saving him. Simmons lies behind Fitz, motionless too. Fitz and I look across to Daisy who has a menacing grin on her face, and blood dripping from her hands - I can't tell if it's May's or Coulson's or both. This situation has just gotten out of hand so quickly.

Fitz and I are in a dilemma, we need to protect our team but Daisy is part of our team, so we must protect her too. This is all messed up. Why do they always target her? Can't the universe just give her a break. Just give our whole team a break.

Fitz and I are on opposite sides of the bed and Daisy is in front of the door. Statistically, it's 2 v 1 but neither Fitz and I want to harm Daisy; not now, not ever. She is our sister and we couldn't harm her.

Daisy starts to step forward and then raises both of her hands, one in my direction and one in Fitz's.

"Don't move or I fire."

She hasn't just launched us into the walls. That means that our Daisy is still in there, somewhere. There is no way that the brainwashing would let her leave people alive, never mind conscious. Maybe I could get through to her.
"Tremors" as I say this I notice a slight drop in her raised hands, a quick flutter of her eyelids and a flash of confusion through her eyes.
"Hey, tremors you don't have to do this. If you put your hands down we can sort this out." I start to edge slightly forwards but I am halted as Daisy's hands move up again and she snaps
"I thought I told you not to move."
"Sorry tremors."  I see her shift a little again, I think it's making her uncomfortable.
"Stop calling me that." Well there's my answer.
Fitz and I remain stood about 6 feet away from Daisy, not really sure what to do. However, she also appears to not know what to do. She ponders and looks around the room at each person and then her eyes rest on Coulson; who's chest appears stationary...
She turns her eyes towards Fitz
"Check his pulse."
Slowly Fitz edges towards the bed and then placed his fingers on Coulson's neck. Agonising seconds pass and then slowly Fitz turns around to Daisy
"He's gone...."