Chapter 18

Coulson POV

Back on the zephyr we are able to mend May's injuries, we'll dry and dull the pain. Her legs are covered in 3rd degree burns and there is shrapnel embedded all up her legs. She completely lost consciousness as we moved her but I hope she heard my confession because I don't think that I will be able to confess again. Mack has headed to take off back to Scotland - hopefully FitzSimmons are there and safe. They could help May, she is in so much pain. I would do anything to swap places with her as she has already suffered so much.
The plane takes off but I don't move, I stay at May's side, holding her hand praying that she will wake up.
We have roughly 18 hours until we reach Scotland. Normally, it would take somewhere close to 24 hours but fortunately we have the Zephyr and it's state of the art - thank you Fitz.

My mind starts to wander to the team - Mack, Fitzsimmons, May but especially Daisy. She is somewhere out there - all alone and we can't help her. I dread to think what is happening to her. She is like a daughter to me - I see her as my child. It pains me to see her suffer. She is so strong but after Lincoln she was broken, her heart longs for him but her mind compartmentalises everything and doesn't let her grieve.

Looking down at my watch I see that we have been traveling for 6 hours. May has been unconscious for 6 hours and her condition hasn't changed - it worries me...

Mack POV

Coulson is in the med bay with May but I decided to come up to the deck to enter our destination and start the plane - thank god for autopilot. However, what Coulson said in the ally is still playing on my mind. I know he has feelings for her but I thought that he would never admit it.

However, I am worried. 14 days ago the watchdogs invaded. Coulson's estimate on time whilst in the office had been slightly off - they had drugged us to keep us subdued and to forget. We were tied there for 10 days - 10 days of my life that I can't remember. They moved our team around the globe setting up this sick game. They are trying to keep us occupied with finding everyone whilst hiding Daisy away doing who knows what. I really need to update my insurance as at the moment it's only got alien invasion and robot apocalypse. I need to add racist, enemy take over into that list. It costs but it will be worth it. Aliens are going to invade one day - probably destroying our symbols of hope. They will wreck everything that has been built but at least it won't be robots. I have a sneaky suspicion that I will live in a robot invasion - however I hope that I am wrong. AIs are scary because you don't know what they are capable of.

Looking out of the main window I am able to see the UK, we will be with Fitzsimmons soon. In a matter of hours we can go and find Daisy.