Chapter 29

Daisy POV

I'm alone, I deserve to be - I'm a monster and will only be free from this shell if I end the man who made me this monster - Coulson. Many hours have passed since the opportunity and now I lay here alone pondering the consequences of my mistakes, my failure to complete the mission. What if I can't complete the mission? What if Coulson doesn't die?
What if?
What a peculiar question which consumes me. What if Whitehall hadn't saved me? What if Whitehall didn't give me my powers? What if?
The darkness which consumes the room I lay in no-longer scares me as I know that there are no monsters under the bed. They're inside of us and mine is dying to kill Coulson. He put me through so much pain - he killed my mum, he shot me and he tried to kill me. This list is endless but my thoughts drift as the clock on the wall strikes midnight - the hour of death. The hour I pounce.

We have flown away from the point at which I was 'rescued' but we landed again, so I know that I can escape once I have completed the mission. Now I must complete the mission. I must save Whitehall and kill the monster which lurks up above - Coulson.

Simmons POV

Since finishing with Daisy's wounds I have been hanging upstairs, I just don't feel safe around her and now I lie in bed, Fitz beside me - who is fast asleep - just thinking. Should I trust Daisy? What if something happened that we don't know about? What if?What if?What if?

This circulates my head for hours dragging me away from sleep and then I leap up at realisation.

What if she was brainwashed?