Chapter 10

Daisy POV
"Lincoln, what are you doing?" I ask as he nears me in this black room. It's just us and we are here together. He keeps walking forward until his hands are on my shoulders. Quizzically, he looks down at me and then replies "What do you mean? This isn't real." That hits me hard and as I start to turn around to see my location, I feel electricity corse through me. It's so painful. Mustering all of my strength I look up at Lincoln and he says "I'm sorry, I can't control this - remember I will always love you."
All I say in return is
"I love you too."
Blackness starts to dawn on me again but instead of falling deeper into unconsciousness I start to wake. My vision is blurred and white. It's like I can see the electricity crossing my eyes. Why are they doing this? I can feel my body withering, I can feel my body. Due to previous drugs they injected earlier, I was unable to feel my body - I was unable to walk. Now I can feel it ache.
After a few more moments, my vision clears. The men stood around don't appear to notice. They have stopped the electrocution and are stood looking at something. I try and move my head to see who the men are talking to. As I do one notices and plunges a knife into my side. Spontaneously, I quake. Not meaning to but I do. The knife flies out and impairs the man who put it in. All the men are blown backwards and they slam into the walls. I haven't done that since afterlife. I start to sit up but the restraints stop me. Well there is one thing that is quake proof.
Clap...Clap...Clap
I turn my head to see who is clapping and it is Whitehall.
"Perfect, just so fascinating like your mother was." He says.
"My mother is dead and was evil as are you." I spit back. He steps forward and then grabs a syringe. I try and shift away but it is no use as he stabs it into my neck. My vision goes black and the last thing I hear is,
"Prepare her!"

Fitz POV
We head towards the house. Worry starts to fill me and I can see it fills Jemma as well.
"Wait!" She exclaims almost making me jump out of my skin.
"Jemma, please don't do that you scared the living day light out of me!" I reply.
"What, you don't want me to solve the problem? To not play their game," she looks at me and then carries on, "maybe we shouldn't play the game they have created." I look at her slightly confused. So she continues, "we don't go into the house, we don't follow the path which they have set. We go our own way." As she says this she turns and starts to trek back into the forest. I follow and slide my hand into hers.
I say one last thing before we leave the house behind forever (hopefully),
"We do this together."

Mack POV

Coulson and I tip-toe down the hall, to ensure we don't draw any attention. We sneak around and fortunately we don't meet any guards. We reach the stairs and there is no one. A laptop is just sat on the work surface, where are they? Coulson heads down the stairs and I follow suit. We look around and there is no one anywhere - it's like they just got up and left. Coulson sits at the surface and starts to unlock the computer but then we realise it's one of their laptops. When Daisy's skills are needed. Well at least she said that there is - somewhere - in the base a hacking program. Coulson seems to have realised this as well as he starts rummaging through the cupboards. "Where will Daisy have put it?" I ask.
"In the most secretive place." Coulson replies.
"Great!"