Chapter 38

Daisy POV

I am in the armory, gathering weapons when I hear the hanger doors opening - finally! It has only been 20 minutes since we have talked but the longer I spend here at S.H.I.E.L.D the more uncomfortable and anxious I get. My body starts moving down the corridor, trying to not sprint incase anyone sees and gets suspicious, but walking quick enough so that I can arrive as Whitehall walks through the door. Just as I head round the last corner I hear footsteps, heading away from the sleeping quarters - shit!

Arming myself with an ICER, I approach the sleeping quarters corridor and wait. There are 2 voices, but not anyone that I tied up - few! I think that one is Piper's and the other is some dudes - Davis'! Wait, how do I know this - I haven't met anyone other than the ones tied in that room. That doesn't make sense. Maybe, Whitehall mentioned them in a briefing or in a file. But how would I know their voices?!

This thought has distracted me and I am snapped backed to reality when I hear my name:

"Daisy!" Piper yells and whispers at the same time

"Huh, yeah - sorry I think I am still half asleep." I reply still dazed

"Do you know where anyone is? " Davis asks. I just shake my head and begin to lower my gun, both Piper and Davis have guns too, which makes me more hesitant to shoot them as I don't know if I could get both of them before they got me.

"Did you hear the hangar too? That's what made us get up in the first place - I didn't think there were any missions?" Piper asks; I'm concerned as the longer we're here, the more likely Whitehall will walk through the door and they might shoot.

"Yeah it w..woke me, I was sca...a...re..d - so I g..g.ot m..my gun a..nd...." I trail off hearing the first of the doors opening. Fortunately, this draws Piper's and Davis' attention to the door, where they both aim their guns at.

"Daisy get behind us" Piper says - perfect!

"Absolutely" I respond in a stern voice before raising my gun and firing twice.

They both crumple to the floor, like deflated balloons. They make it so easy.

BANG!

My eyes snap to the door, where Whitehall stands with a stern look on his face, however, this transforms into a smile as he sees me standing before the 2 unconscious forms. He is flanked by 4 men in full tac gear, ready to help us take down S.H.I.E.L.D once and for all.

Whitehall POV

Finally. I have finally done it. I am going to make them all pay, but most of all I am going to make them suffer. They will die as they watch their Daisy make me her family.

"You have done well, child" I state looking at her.

She smiles and relaxes moving towards me, where I embrace her.

"You have done very well indeed."