Chapter 20

Simmons POV

The leaves around us rustle as they are filled with gusts of wind. These startle me from my sleep - Fitz too is awake and aware and then we hear it.
"Fitzsimmons! Where are you? We're here. I know it took us some time but it's not everyday you fight an army of men dressed as dogs." Mack's voice echoes through the barren fields, which are full of green grass laced with dew. The last part of his speech makes me chuckle.

Quickly Fitz and I are on our feet and running to him an the now blatantly obvious Zephyr, which has had the camouflage turned off.
"Over here!" I yell happiness seeping into my voice.
"What were you two doing in the forest?" Mack asks with an almost playful ring to his voice. I decide to ignore him and then head inside to find Coulson standing by the stairs. Behind me I can hear the conversation, which Fitz is very uncomfortable in.
"That's for us to know." Is Fitz's response to Mack's amusing question. Mack and him start to talk a little more and then mid way through their conversation I direct my attention to Coulson, who is wearing a pained expression. Who's hurt?
"Sir, are you alright?" I ask gently trying not to cause him any more pain.
"Me, yes I am fine but May is in the medics bay - still unconscious and then Daisy is somewhere that only the watchdogs know!"
"Do you want me to treat May?" I ask, trying to help one of Coulson's issues.
"Please, also can you track Daisy in any way, shape or form?" He looks to me almost pleadingly.
Reluctantly I shake my head but stop as I remember the device Fitz constructed.
"Fitz!" I shout, he scurries across and looks at me before I explain,
"We need that seismic tracker, can you check it to see if it has had any anomalies?" He nods his head before departing to his lab.

By the time I get to May we are back I the sky and on our way back to base - it's the only place to go - well until we find Daisy.

I work away at fixing May up - stitching her leg and a few other gashes and setting her up on an IV and giving her a blood transfusion. I fix what I can with the equipment here but she is going to have to come to the lab to make sure there is nothing more serious. Just as I remove my gloves Fitz comes stumbling in holding a tablet. Coulson is beside me and Mack has followed Fitz, they both stand in the doorway.
"I've found her."