Chapter 25

Daisy POV

Darkness is my welcomed friend. It allows me to be at peace. Why can't this be eternal? I ask myself this constantly but I realise that I have a mission to complete. I have to comply, however I can't wake. My body and mind feel detached, as I can't feel any pain. I can't feel any movement. Nothing.

Maybe it's for the best if the pain doesn't come back, if I die but then I will fail Whitehall. I can't fail him, he has been so kind and caring. I must succeed for him. As my thoughts begin to spiral, I begin to feel a shift in the air around me and then I feel it - my body. I feel it being lifted and then placed with the utmost care. Then I hear the squeaking of wheels as I begin to move along with the bed that I have been placed on.

Suddenly, all the nerves in my body ignite with pain as my arms collide, this causes a seismic wave to be emitted and this shakes me from the darkness. My eyes snap open and the light blinds me. A strangled cry escapes my lips at the same time and tears cascade down my face. Why can't the darkness accept me back. What happens next is a bit of a blur, as people start to scurry around me and try to communicate with me but I can't reply. Most of its a blur and a painful ringing sound fills my ears. A figure starts to get closer as my pain increases and breathing begins to struggle. I think it's Coulson, however whoever it is is showing me something. They are showing me how to breath and at that point I realise how out of breath I have become.

Once my breathing has calmed, I am able to focus on my location and I am within the Zephyr, the med bay to be exact. Everyone par Simmons is leaving and at that point I try to utilise my voice:

"Don't leave me, please."

This is directed to Coulson and as soon as he hears that he turns around and wipes away some of the tears, which trickle from my eyes.

"I never will." He says.

Perfect, this makes my mission easier - all I have to do is kill him.