Chapter 11

Daisy POV

I lie on the table unable to move. My mind is foggy and struggling to work. I have no clue what they have done. A constant dripping sound can be heard, it's rhythmic and slow but it is all that is keeping me conscious. I focus on the sound as my head swims with pain. What have they done? Trying to move only causes jolts of pain and that is not the best. I don't know what they are doing but my mind is struggling to stay sane.

I was knocked unconscious before they began but I can remember that they needed to prepare me. This isn't good. If they are preparing me for surgery they will end up killing me. Like they did with my mum before she turned evil. I can't be like her. No, I need to be better. However, what worries me more is the fact that no one else has been mentioned. Please say they aren't dead.I need to get out but how? I need to find them! Furthermore, a word is stuck in my head - compliance.

Simmons POV

Through the forest we trek, cautiously avoiding fallen trees and animals. Night dawns upon the forest and soon all we will be able to see is the shimmer from the crescent sat in the darkness of the sky. Fitz is not coping well but neither am I. I can't remember the last time I ate or slept - without being knocked out.
"Fitz." I call out as he is several strides ahead of me as he is desperate to escape his past. Swiftly his head whips around and I can see the pain and fatigue in his eyes. I run and embrace him, he embraces me before a shiver can pass in this freezing wind.
"Should we rest?" Fitz asks, more requests. In response I nod and we sink down between two willow trees, which provide a little shelter from the cold night. We snuggle together trying to stay warm before sleep envelops us both and the trauma from the past plagues us once again.

Coulson POV

I never give Daisy enough credit for being a spy. Yes, I give her credit for being a phenomenal fighter but never her sneaky skills, such as hiding a memory drive. The time of searching is at approximately 2 hours and we are still no closer. We have searched her room and all her usual hang out spots but it's no where to be found. Mack is sat alongside me on the sofa as we think about where else she goes.
"She hangs out in your office a lot, doesn't she?" queries Mack. He's right! Sometimes I come in to find her with her feet on my desk and her gaming controller in hand. She plays her video games on the big screen as she claims it gets under used and we should share technology. That's it!
"You genius Mack!"I exclaim, rising from my chair. He too stands up, looking a little bewildered.
"Do you know where it is?" He asks, as a response I say, "follow me!". I race up the stairs to my office and over to my desk. Sure enough, there it is. Her gaming controllers. There are 5 or 6 but I know her favourite one is the one with a Daisy on the underside. She designed and constructed it herself. Picking up the controller causes Mack to realise where it is. Carefully, I dismantle the controller- if I am wrong she will kill me. But sure enough she has hidden the memory drive in there. The game is on.

A/n
I do apologise that May has not been mentioned recently but you may be able to see that I am trying to tie all the stories together in a climax before mayhem. Finally, should I include the Avengers and reveal Coulson isn't dead? Thx, please comment any suggestions, H.