Chapter 9

A/n
I just wanted to say thank you for reading and supporting this story. Life is getting tough as friends are ditching me because I'm me. So, I thank you so much for reading and helping me carry this story on. This story will probably end up containing experiences I have lived in it - friends leaving and betraying you - but all I wish for is a good story like you do. If you have any suggestions for advancements in the plot I am open to ideas as I want you to feel that the story is right. Thank you, H.

Fitz POV
That's it. We are not abandoned in the middle of nowhere on an exotic island we are somewhere else. Home. The trees which once trapped us now illuminate a path I have walked a thousand times. I came here to get away from my dad. The forest by my house, which stands prominent against the green background of the hills which encase it. My family don't live there anymore but I know the family who do. I walk at a brisk pace weaving through the trees and then something hits me - not literally- how did they know. I freeze, trying to figure out how they knew - no one knows other than me. I don't understand how. Suddenly, a hand touches my back causing me to spin around to face the person. Of course it's Jemma who else would it be. Her eyes are full of concern but they are also full of love. I remove her hand off my shoulder and hold it in my hands.
"What's the matter?" She asks, softly. I turn my head slightly so my eyes match up with hers.
"Too much, this game they are playing is diabolical - no one knows about this place but me. What are we going to do?" I say whilst looking at her for help. She stands on the balls of her feet and slowly her lips brush against mine. After a few moments she pulls away and replies

"We'll do it together."

May POV
I wake from my slumber to find that I am in a normal bed, not a hospital one. No one else is here. I sit up and as I do I feel the bullet wound flair up in pain. Great, that's still the same. I look around, there is nothing unusual about this room it is rather barren with only a bed side table and bed within the room. A door is opposite the bed, slowly I start to peel back the covers. Looking down I see the bullet wound in my leg - well the bandages. I need answers so I am going to have to tough this out. Carefully, I slide out of bed only allowing my non injured leg to support my weight. As graceful as a duck on stilts, I stumble to the door. Now relying heavily on the wall, I open the door. The sight before me is bewildering. It's the ice rink. The one I learnt to skate on. How did they know? Thoughts flood through my head but then the lights shift, revealing a figure tied up in the middle of the ice rink. Cautiously, I edge towards the rink to see whom this person is. 5m from the edge of the rink I see who it is.

"Dad."

Coulson POV
"Hey you, dog face!" I yell at the guard. It's not the best but it grasped their attention. Furthermore, the guard is wearing a dog mask it is inevitable.He takes 3 bold steps forward making the guard a foot away. A growl can be heard. This genuinely causes me to laugh. The guard comes in real close and slaps me across the face - wow, that really does sting!
"Don't talk unless spoken to." The guard says as they leave the room. As soon as the coast is clear, I shoot a look at Mack. He reveals the keys that he has taken. Yes! After a minute or two we are both free from the handcuffs and geared up. By that I mean, Mack has his axe and I have my hand. They stole all the guns and weapons - they thought the axe was a prop! Fortunately, for us, we aren't considered a big issue so are left alone for periods of 10-20 minutes.

"Are you ready?" I ask Mack and he responds

"As I'll ever be!"