Chapter 15

Mack POV

Coulson runs down the stairs and plugs the drive into the laptop. Instantly it unlocks. Well done Daisy. The computer loads up lots of data, but then something appears on screen, something rather disconcerting. 4 camera feeds.
One is of the base, specifically Coulson's office,
One is of an ice rink and May is against the edge with smoke billowing all around. At this sight Coulson starts yelling at the screen trying to get her attention. Nothing happens so I put my hand on his shoulder. He calms down a little realising that she could not hear us.
On the third camera feed there is a forest and 2 distant figures - maybe Fitzsimmons,
Then there is just static.
"Daisy," Coulson says sitting down. "We need to do something, we need to find them."
"I know."
"What happens if it's too late?" Coulson asks with tears in his eyes - I've never seen anyone this close to being broken and it really breaks my heart.
"It May be too late but it might not be, we have to do something so we know we tried." I reply. Coulson nods in agreement and then starts flicking through the open documents and programs. One is of the news. On the news it says
'Bomb explodes in Australian ice rink'
Well it looks like we are off to Australia. Coulson looks at me and says,
"Let's get the band back together again."

Simmons POV

Fitz and I trek through the forest, we must have been going for 5 or 6 hours. The forest is thinning out a little, but as night has fallen it is hard to tell. A yawn escapes my mouth and Fitz turns to me and asks "Do you want to rest?"
I shake my head and lean it on his shoulder. "We're almost there, I promise," he says as we continue.

3 more hours pass and the forest is gone. We are in a field, there are a few houses scattered around. We made it. I run with Fitz to the closest one, then we knock. People come rushing to the door, and then it opens.
"We're so sorry to disturb you but please can we borrow a phone, we are a little lost." Fitz says, they nod their head and lets us use the landline. I dial May's number but no response, then Mack's but still nothing. Then I try Coulson's. On the last ring he picks up.
"Who is this?" He asks.
"It's Simmons and Fitz."
"Thank goodness you're both ok."
"Are you?"
"Yes Mack and I are fine, thanks to you we managed to find where those Watchdogs hid all of our phones. However, I don't think May and Daisy are."
"Why?"
"May is at an exploded ice rink and I have no clue about Daisy."
"Oh."
"Where are you?"
"We are in Scotland, could you pick us up?"
"Yeah sure thing, we are already on our way to pick up May so we'll pick you guys up next. See you in 24 hours, We'll use the coordinates from this call - so don't move too much." He says then hangs up.

I hug Fitz as we thank the family and then we head outside. There appears to be a stream, which leads to the forest. I don't wan to go back but I need to sleep. So I pull Fitz to the stream. He follows me back to the forest and sits down once we are past the first trees. I sit down beside him and lay my head on his chest.
"Night Fitz - I love you."
"I love you too."