Crazy

A/N: Thank you so much for the votes and comments, guys, it's insane! I would've never thought this would even get like one read lmao, but anyway, thank you so much for those kind words! I'm sorry I left you with the ending of that last chapter haha but I hope the next chapters will make up for it. This is a little longer, I thought about splitting it into two parts but it wouldn't make much sense plot wise so here it is as a whole. Hope you like it!

I had never been more disappointed to wake up on Christmas day. My heart felt empty, as if someone had taken the one thing that kept me alive from me. I felt empty. And I had no idea how to deal with that.

Mitch and I had become quite close over time. But not close enough to let me convince my parents to invite him over, even though I had tried. I knew that the last thing Mitch wanted to do was to spend Christmas with his family, so I thought I might as well surprise him and invite him, but my parents wouldn't let me. It's a family event they said. Well, can't say anything about that.

Nevertheless, I couldn't imagine a scenario that would've upset me more than waking up on Christmas day, having kissed Mitch the night before but never having kissed him for real. Knowing that I probably wouldn't see him for a week now with all the Christmas festivity going on and my parents' obsession to visit people we literally never see. I don't see the point, honestly. I could be spending the night with Mitch, but of course not because we have to visit aunt whateverhernameis that I didn't even know existed until like a minute ago.

I didn't want to think about Mitch. Not about him and not about what he was probably going through during that time of family get togethers and pure Christianity. I hoped and prayed that he was okay.

I checked my phone and speaking of the devil - Mitch had texted me. I unlocked and checked the message.

Mitch: Hey, love. Merry Christmas! Hope you're having fun. Wish we could spend this day together. Miss you x
- Mitch

"Scott, what are you hiding under the table?" My mom suddenly asked, startling me. I quickly turned my phone off and put it back into my pocket.

"Nothing," I answered quietly. She gave me a crooked smile.

"You know I don't like it when you're on your phone on Christmas."

"Yes, mom, I know."

She put the plate in front of me and we started eating.

***

When lunch was over, I excused myself to go to the bathroom and took out my phone.

Me: Hey, Mitchy. Merry Christmas to you, too! Me too. Are you up for something crazy later?

I was thinking about my dream. How we sneaked into the basement to steal some wine and then kissed on the rooftop. That probably would've been the craziest thing I had done until now. And I was willing to do anything to get away from my parents because they were ruining Christmas for me. I wanted a good Christmas. And I wanted Mitch. And both - well, you get the idea.

Mitch texted back almost instantly.

Mitch: Of course! When and where?

I smiled as I typed back.

Me: Can you climb?

***

It was six in the evening when I excused myself to go to my room because I claimed to feel sick. My mom wanted to give me meds and whatnot, but I assured her I would be okay if I just slept for a bit. I went into my room and had to wait a few minutes until I saw a black car pull up. I smiled and opened my window. Mitch parked on the other side of the road and walked in my direction. He looked up at me, raising his eyebrows as to confirm if I was really sure about him climbing up to my room. I nodded, still grinning like an idiot.