Good

A/N: Thank y'all for reading this, I really can't thank you enough. Also, big shout out to MootjeA and  Lauren98_x, thank you so much for voting!! <3

Me: u there? need to talk.

I wiped my tears before they could hit the phone screen, suppressing sobs. Scott replied a minute later.

Scotty: Sure, honey. What happened?

Me: parents. they want me to throw away ten grands worth of dresses.

Me: and... they want me to break up with you.

Scotty: oh...

I thought for a moment before I replied.

Me: Do you think I could hide the dresses at your place?

It took him longer this time.

Scotty: Sure. But if we're not together anymore...

Me: what?

Scotty: you said you were gonna break up.

Me: god, no, sweetheart

Me: I love you.

Me: I would never break up with you just because my parents want me to. I didn't tell them it was you. I said I wasn't gonna tell them who I was with. They'd find a way to ruin us.

Scotty: They could never ruin us, babe. No one could.

I smiled before typing in the answer.

Me: I know. We're unbreakable.

I ran my fingers over my tattoo, something that was meant to drive my parents insane but they didn't know. And they wouldn't. It was mine, just like Scott was.

Scotty: Mitchy?

Scotty: I love you.

Scotty: I'd kiss you rn if I was with you.

I smiled. How was this boy even real? How could he make someone as miserable as me smile?

Me: Me too. Godness I wish I could kiss you rn

Me: I'm like craving it

Scotty: tomorrow, love. bring the clothes to school so i can take them with me. it's gonna be alright<3

Scotty: if everything goes wrong you can live with us until college. my parents love you.

My heart felt whole again as I read his message.

Me: Thank you. Really, that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.

Me: I'll go to sleep now. I love you x

Scotty: Good night, love. Sleep tight x

Me: You too, baby x

I put my phone away, getting comfortable under the covers. My eyes still felt wet and puffy but at least I wasn't crying anymore. Fuck my parents, honestly. Especially fuck my dad. I saw it in his eyes - there's something he's keeping from me. How could someone be so caught up in his pride, in fear of my mom maybe, to refuse to help someone else? Someone who's so obviously in need of help? I couldn't understand it. I felt my throat tighten at the rage that overcame me when I thought of the people who were supposed to love me unconditionally. The people I was supposed to trust with no hesitation, who I was supposed to be able to tell anything about everything without being judged in return. All those things were descriptions of parents, what parents should be like. But none of them matched my parents.

I turned in my bed, hugging the blanket and gripping it tight. I took deep breaths, anxiety attacks threatening to take control over my body, but I didn't let them. For the first time, I didn't want to give in to it. I stayed in the position, forcing myself to take in deep breaths and exhaling as deep ones, tried to get my mind to think of other stuff rather than how much my parents hated me. My mind spinned and I desperately tried to grasp to a different thought.

Graduation was coming up, and so was prom. Prom was next week. And I still hadn't decided if I was going.

If I was going, I was going with Scott but if someone, anyone, had a problem with us being two boys I had made a promise to myself that I wouldn't go. I didn't want to ruin this experience for Scott though, so I hadn't talked to him about it yet. He could go with whoever he wanted to go. Sure, we'd talked about us going together but if anything went wrong, he could still take one of his friends, Kirstin maybe. I didn't want to admit it, but it hurt thinking of Scott going to prom with someone that wasn't me. But prom seemed to be so important to him that I didn't want to take it away. He had been so good to me, it was time to be good to him in return.