Princess Mitchy

A/N: This is a little time jump back to the night with the hot tub, but it's from Scott's point of view so you know what else happened :p And this chapter's the longest so far so yay!

Scott's POV

Thank God somehow Mitch had thought about preparing the towels before I came because we would've forgotten them for sure.

I wrapped the towel around my body, fastening it around my hips, hoping it wouldn't slide down while Mitch did the same. Damn, this boy! He always came up with the most unexpected ideas. Thankfully I had packed for a sleepover so I had brought fresh clothes, though they were in Mitch's room. Therefore, I was stuck with the towel for now.

"Come on, let's- uh- let's go to my room," Mitch said, flustered, his cheeks blushing. God, he was so adorable. I slipped my hand into his, letting him guide me into the house. He seemed pretty insecure about holding hands at first, but after the moment of hesitation our fingers intertwined almost naturally, as if this was meant to be - as if we were meant to be.

Without speaking, he led me up the fancy white staircase into his room, shutting the door behind us.

"Sorry I didn't tell you to bring fresh clothes, I didn't wanna freak you out," Mitch started a bit nervously. "I can give you a hoodie or something." He started rummaging in his closet and handed me one of his oversized garments. Looking at it, it seemed to fit me. I hesitated.

"Thanks," I said finally, taking the sage green sweater and turning around to find my sweatpants in my bag. I took them out as well and let the towel drop, curious about Mitch's reaction. He was flustered, for sure, but he pretended not to notice, instead suddenly very interested in the chipping paint on his phone case. I smiled to myself, putting on the clothes and sitting on his bed, waiting for him to join. When he looked back up from his phone, his cheeks were tinted a deep red but I didn't address it.

I don't know why I had become such a tease all of a sudden. He was so cute when he was flustered, and I couldn't get enough of it. Also, the kiss... God, I'd missed that. Kissing Mitch. Feeling his breath against my lips. Hearing his quiet moans when we kissed. But still, something had been different about this. Something... wasn't as it had been the last time we'd kissed. I just couldn't tell what it was.

Things that were definitely the same: I was still head over heels for Mitch. There was no way to deny it. No- I think my love for him only got stronger with time. While I had been going out with Kate, I had spent at least three fourth of the time thinking about him, and I had known from the start it wouldn't work out, but I kept telling myself that maybe- maybe one day it might. It never did, so I ended it, not wanting Kate to get emotionally invested. She had been alright with the decision, admitting that she didn't think it was going anywhere, either. She was really sweet, but not for me. No one was, really. I just had eyes for one person.

"Hey, sweetheart," I said, standing back up and approaching him. I cupped his cheek, he looked to the ground, insecure. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"N-nothing. I just didn't think we'd-"

"Yeah, I get it," I said, pressing a soft kiss to his forehead. "But it was great. I don't regret it." I looked into his eyes, then to his lips, silently asking for permission and noticed Mitch lean in just the tiniest bit, so I kissed him again, lips tingling with the sparks that I could feel all over my body now.

I swear to whatever deity there is, whenever Mitch and I kiss, new stars are born and new universes are created.

His chapstick had worn off though, so I wasn't able to taste it. But that was okay. I didn't need strawberry chapstick when I could have Mitch.