Chapter 23: Hangover

Tobias POV

I wake up to find Tris staring at me.

I smile.

"You droll when you sleep" she says.

I laugh. "Really?"

"Sometiemes" she says gettin closer.

I put my hand on her cheek. And give her a light kiss.

I feel her smiling.

"So, no hangover?" She asks.

"Hey! I was barely drunk! No, no hangover".

She laughs and kisses me again.

"I'll go take a shower" Tris says breaking the kiss.

I groan. And grab her wrist so she can't leave.

"Tobias!" She says laughing. "Let me take my shower!"

I groan again and let her wrist.

"Thanks"

She goes into the the bathroom and closes the door.

I lay in bed for a minute before having an idea.

I stand and open the bathroom door slowly. I stip of my boxers, that are all I'm wearing right now and I slide into the shower but Tris is not there. What?

The water starts to came from everywhere and it is not water anymore, it's blood. I get out of the shower but all the bathroom is flooding, the blood is now the level of my neck and I try to open the door but there's no door anymore, I turn around, the sink, the shower, the toilet, all gone.

There's only me and the blood that is now on my mouth. Just when I think things couldn't be worse, the walls start to come closer to me.

There's no air now, only blood, the walls are so close now I can touch them at the same time without even streching my arms.

I hear laughter. "I have been waiting so long for this. Four, the Dauntless prodigy, will finally meet death".

I will reconize that voice anywhere: Eric.

I start drowing and all I can think about is Tris. Her smile, how her eyes spark when she looks at me, she was going to be mine. But she already was, she has always been mine. Since the second I see her fall from the net and my eyes meet hers. She has to move on from me. I know she can, she's strong. I love her and no words can express how thankfull I am for our little infinity.

Then my vision goes blank.

Out of nowhere I am able to breath. I take a big strong breath opening my eyes and raising my back, so I am now in a sitting position.

I'm alive.

It was just a bad dream.

I turn my head and I see Tris.

I smile wildly. I though I'll never see her again.

As creepy as it sounds, I love watching her sleep. Her face is so relaxed and she looks so calm and peacefull.

When I actually think about it, my dream, it didn't make any sense, I mean, it couldn't be real.

1. Tris doesn't just desapear from the shower.

2. Water doesn't turn into blood.

3. Things doesn't desapear when you stop looking at them.

4. My bathroom walls don't move.

It actually felt like I was on a fear simulation. And as Amar tought me some years ago, you can either try to defeat it or try to calm yourself. That's what I did: calm myself, thinking about Tris.