Chapter 32: Fights

If you read last chapter between Thurdays and Friday, I make it longer, as I promised, so go back to read it complete 😉

__________________________________________________________________________________

Uriah POV

Today we start the fights.

I leave after giving Cris a goodbye kiss, to the second training room, the first one is used by the transfers and the second one is for the Dauntless borns.

I find Lauren on the way.

"Hi Lauren"

"Hi Uri, so fights today uh?"

"Yeah, we have to make the list"

"That's why we are going half an hour earlier you dumb head"

"I'm hungryyyy" I complain as we get there.

"You're always hungry" Lauren says sounding bored.

We open the doors and sat on the floor next to the board.

"Okay, so we have Josh, Sam, Andrew, Violet, Diana and Alexandra" Lauren says.

"I'll say first Josh and Andrew"

She nods and stand to write it on the board.

"Then it could be Sam and Alexandra" she tells me.

"Yeah, so Violet and Diana last."

She writes down the names.

We prepare the training room for the fights and after a couple of minutes the initiates start to arrive.

"Today we start the fights. Don't be stupid enough to ask mercy. They hit you hard? Keep fighting until you can't move any of your bones anymore, get it?" Lauren says.

They nod and Josh, being Lauren's brother, gives her a boring look.

"Josh and Andrew! To the front!" I call them.

***

The fights are over. Josh beat up Andrew in a couple of minutes. Alex, tough girl! Beat Sam as quick as a blink. And Diana is on the infirmary because of Violet.

"You're free for the rest of the day pansycakes" I tell them. Tonigh' paintball so we train for less hours. They don't know it's today through, we change the day everyday because Dauntless borns do know about paintball.

They leave, Sam, pretty beat up, leave with Josh's help. And Andrew have some hard time walking too. So funny.

Alex and Violet leave easily.

"See ya at 1" I tell Lauren as I leave.

"You better get on time!" I hear her yell me from inside.

I roll my eyes. Why do people always think I'll be late? Yeah, maybe I have this "getting late" reputation, but I don't get late anymore, not since Cris, she always helps me be on time.

I knock the door.

I knock again.

I hear from inside "I opened last time!" Zeke.

"But I always open!" Shauna.

"But you're the woman!"

I hear a gasp and then a slap "stupid sexist!"

They are like an old married couple.

Then Shauna opens the door.

"Uri!" She hugs me.

"Hey gurl!" I tell her as I go inside, looking for my lame brother.

"On the kitchen" I hear her from behind as she closes the door.

"Thanks S"

I go into the kitchen.

"Zeke" I sit in fromt of him after grabbing a beer from his fridge.

"Uriah"

"Don't forget paintball tonigh"

"You don't have to remind me every fucking day pansycake. And stop drinking my beer"

"Someone's a little moddy today huh?"

"Shut up"

"Weeeell, I'll have to ask Shauna then"

He groans. Zeke is so irritating when he's in a bad humor.

"Wait" he says calmy. I look at him, confused.

What is he waiting for?

Then I hear the front door open and the shut.

"Okay. Hear carefully. You can't tell mom. I'm serious."

"Sure, just tell me" I nod.

"Shauna is pregnant"

My eyes wide and my jaw drops. "What?!"

He just nods slowly.

I don't understand why he's grumpy and sad. I think that's great.

"Bro! Congratulations! That's great! I'm happy for you. I still don't get why you aren't happy"

"The problem is we are not married. And her parents are all serious about that stuff. So they'll prohibit her to see me anymore when they find out"

"Ow. I'm so sorry"

"Yeah, me too" he signs. "I really love her, you know"

"Propose to her"

"What?!" I can tell he's surprised by my sugestion.

"You love her, she loves you, you have been dating three years. Proporse to her."

"I don't know bro. Marriage is serious, I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of commitment yet"

"Well, you are about to loose her, so there are two options: let her go, or stay with her for the rest of your life" I tell him. "You know what? Sleep over it. But decide soon, and stop fighting! Hear me. Shauna makes you a different person, a better person, as long as I remember, you have never been so crazy for someone in your whole life, yeah, you are just 19, but after everything you two have been through, after all the difficulties, you too just stick together, till the end. We were in a war, and all you would talk about was her. Now, imagine your life, your future without her. I'll leave you with this, think about it. Choose. You can stay with her, marry her and form a family, or you can let her go, forever."

As soon as the last sentence leaves my mouth I stand and head to the door, but stop when I'm called.

"Uri." I turn around "I have never see you so serious about anything in your life. Thanks."

"Good luck, pansycake" I leave.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hello people from around the globe!

I added some drama here 👆 hope I'm keeping it interesting

Thanks for 8.7k reads!!

Please vote!

Lov you 😘