Chapter 56: Get this Over With

Tobias POV

"Molly you have totally lost it"

Her eyes grow big and she kind of growls. This is insane.

"Just tell me where Tris is so we can get this over with."

She shakes her head.

Think Tobias.

Torture won't work in this case.

What does she care about?

She doesn't really belong to any faction any more. I don't think she really has anything with a important meaning anymore.

Wait. Let's change that. Who does she care about?
Her family is probably dead. So...Peter?

"You said you are willing to die for you cause, but what about Peter? Are you willing to give up his life?"

Her eyes soften, and she looks away. She almost looks normal. 

"You wouldn't hurt him", she says, not daring to look at me.

"As you said, I would anything to get Tris back."

She turns to look at me, I can see anger and fear on her expression.

"I won't ask you again. Where. Is. Tris."

She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes, "You said the Peter I knew is long gone."

"He's still Peter. Just...better."

"He has someone now?"

"Yeah."

"I'll take you to the Stiff. But, you have to take me to Peter"

Think Tobias. You can't take her to Peter. Since when do I started caring about Peter? I don't, I do it for Susan, she's a nice girl, Molly would probably kill her to have Peter for herself.

"Okay, we have a deal", I lie.

She stands slowly, in pain. I keep my gun pointed at her the whole time.

She’s to weak to try anything anyway. 

She goes up the stairs, then moves to another building and goes down again. We’re on a basement and we go into a big room. Looks like a control room, it has a couple of computers, they’re on, but there’s no one else here.  

She presses a couple of buttons, and for an instant I’m afraid she’s activation a bomb or something like that. But instead, I can see four different angles of the same square room. Tris. She’s there. She’s lying on the floor. Is she…?  

“Is she dead?!”, I yell at Molly while pressing the gun to her freaking pansy cake head.   

“She’s just sleeping, calm down.”, she zooms one of the cameras and I can see her chest is rising and falling. Definitely breathing. “As you can see, she’s trapped in this room. But that’s not all, there is a constant simulation gas on her room. She’s in a simulation right now. She can’t see doors or anyway out, for the matter. 

There's no way she did all this. She's stupid, no way.

"Who helped you?"

"A couple Erudites, wasn't hard,  a lot of people would like your girlfriend's head on their wall."

Why do different people keep telling me that? She saves us all, and people want her dead?

"We made a deal. Let her go and I'll take you to Peter"

"No, no, no", she shakes her head, "I said, I would take you with her, and here we are. Now, take me to Peter"

Really? Like, she really thinks I'm taking her to Peter, without Tris? I'm not taking her anyway, but her idiocy surprises me.

My finger is about to pull the trigger when she laughs. "You really thought I wouldn't think about that? Four, Four, Four, if you want to free your dear stiff, you have to take me to Peter."

"Or I could just pull the trigger"

"It isn't a really good idea, if you realize that for turning down the simulation you need a code. A code I created. And this building is going to blow up in and hour, so you better hurry up and stop losing time"

Wow...I wasn't expecting that.

But how do I know she's telling the truth? I can't risk anyway. I have to stop losing time.

"There's no enought time to go to bring Peter and come back. Free Tris, and the three of us will go to see Peter."

"Yeah, because we're not coming back"

"Ugh, I'm tired of this", I pull the freaking trigger and she falls dead to the floor.

Now that I got rid of her, how do I free Tris?

I need help. Matthew. Cara.

I call Matthew first.

"Hello?"
"Matthew, it's Four, I need your help. Now."

'What happend?"

"It's Tris, I'll explain later, but I need you to come as quickly as possible and bring anything you may need to turn off a simulation...and a bomb."

"Wow, I don't think I know how to turn off a simulation, but I can help you with the bomb, send me your coordinates,  I'll be there as soon as I can"

Then I call Cara, she does know how to turn off a simulation by hacking it. I send her my coordinates too. 

Now I have to wait.