Chapter 47: Fear Landscapes

Tris POV

I know for sure my seventh fear is gone, I mean, we have do it a couple times. But what if another one remplaced it? What if I'm scared of getting married or being pregnant, o something.  

But I can’t make Tobias do it. 

Uriah just answered the phone, but I don't think he'll make it before the initiates and Zeke isn’t coming, what else can I do?

 Tobias looks at me worried, “You don’t have to do it”, he says softly. 

“I’ll do it anyways”

I can’t let him do this for me.

The initiates start coming back, which means I can’t change my mind.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” I ask myself.

I know it isn’t, but there is no other option. I have to. And after this, I have to kill Uriah for making me do this. Not literally, of course, Christina wouldn’t forgive me this time.

I turn around to look at Tobias’ face and it is puzzled. Like he’s having a hard time deciding something. Part of me hopes he’s willing to take my place, but the other part of me wants to punch him for even think about it.

“I’m going to be fine” I tell him slowly, trying to convince him, and myself.

Before he can say anything back, I turn back to talk to the transfers.

“Today you are going to go through my fear landscape, so-"

"Why not ours?" Paul asks, interrupting me.

 “If you dare to interrupt again I will make your life worse than your fear landscape.” Tobias tells him.

His eyes wide. He ames a step back and head down. Without another word, I continue.

“So, today we are going through my fear landscape. So you’re able to see how it works and prepare for your own, which you would be facing as the final test.”

I look at their reactions, Jacey is bitting her lip while looking at my fiancee. I hate that b-

“Hello everyone!” Uriah says walking in like this was his own house, taking his time.

I want to tackle him right now for being so late and almost making me show my fear landscape. But at the same time I’m so relief he’s here and I don’t have to do it anymore.

 I can see how the girls look at him and giggle. Pathetic. 

I just wanna make clear I am not jealous, but he is my best friend and my best friend’s fiancee, so yeah, it kinds of bothers me that the girls even think they got a chance.

“I’m sorry for being late but, there was a…I received important news, not of your business anyway. The thing is,” he says opening his arms like this was a show he was presenting, “ready to face my fears?”

I look at Tobias, he has the same expression I do. A complete poker face, just wanting this to be done, same as me.

“Done with your little presentation there, Uriah?” Tobias asks. 

Uriah makes a hurt face, as fake as when they tried to make us eat chocolate cake, saying it was Dauntless cake, when obviously it is not.

Before Uriah starts to act all dramatic and hurt, I continue, so they won’t.

“Get in line, don’t push, act like idiots, you’ll be treat as idiots.”  I say with a boring face.

I try to sound sure of myself and kind of mean. I need them to respect me, I’m their instructor.

“Uriah and Four, get Uriah ready, but first, tell each one, what they will fight against.” 

“Okay Six, Dauntless born, transfers, it doesn’t matter where you came from, you’ll have to face my worst fears. I have nine fears. Most of you will have between ten to fifthteen fears.

“What is the record so far?” Jennifer asks.

“Four” Dauntless born’s, Uriah, Tobias and I say at the same time.

The transfers gives us weird looks. But no one looks at Tobias.

“Who made the record?”  James asks.

“Four” we say again, all of us.

Now they look at Tobias. His face is emotionless, but I know he doesn’t like that kind of attention.

“Just explain your fears, Uriah”

Uri is about to talk but Miranda interrupts, “So you have six fears? Are you the second record?” she asks looking at me.

“Yes” I tell her, wanting to take the attention away from me as fast as I possibly can.

Before they ask anything else,Uriah tells each one, the fear they’ll face.

James, Violet and Diana, are getting burn alive.

Alex, Jacey and Kyle are getting attack by scorpions.

Paul, Andrew and Jennifer are getting lost in a desert where hungry camels live.

Miranda, Sam and Josh are getting there tattoos became real and attack them.

Makenzie and Lucas are getting stab by a better version of themselves.

He picked only five of his fears. Like I knew we could just pick fears.

We watch as they go in, fight alone in the room, and the ones from the outside that don't laugh nervously are just staring with worried expressions.

____________________________________________________________

Hey guys! How are you?

Can you believe I started this story on January 27? It's like a long time ago. I want to thank you guys, so much for giving my story a chance, for voting, commenting, following me, really, writting is now an oficial part of my life and all because of you.

Thank you.

Lov you 😘