Chapter 48: Mysterious Girl

Tobias POV

 When they are finished and everyone has leave, Uriah, Tris and I leave to Zeke's. 

I send him a text telling im we were going, but he didn't answered.

When we get there, Uriah knocks.

No answer, we knock a couple of times but no one answer, so I take out my key.

Yeah, I have a key of Zeke's apartment, and he has one of mine's.

I open the door, but there is no one here.

We decided to call Shauna, Tris puts it on speaker and she answers.

Shauna: Hey Tris!

Tris: Shauna! You are on speaker with Tobias and Uriah. Where are you?

Shauna: Hey guys! I'm at my mom's. Why?

Uriah: Because we are at yours.

Me: Zeke's there too, right?

Shauna: Uh, yeah, he's here, wanna talk with him?

Tris and Uriah look at me.

Me: No, its fine, we wantet to check on both of you. 

Shauna: Aw guys thanks, so cute from you. We'll be back in an hour or two, I'll call you when we are back.

Me: Okay.

Shauna: Okay, bye.

Shauna hangs up and Tris puts her phone away.

"Let's go look for Chris and we can wait for them together." Tris says.

I nod. "Yeah" Uriah agrees.

We are talking about the initiates on the way, when suddently we bump into Peter and Susan.

What are they doing here?

"Hi Tris" Susan tells her, walking toward us. "Hello"

"Hey" Peter says. They are holding hands.

Seen Peter with her still disturbs me, like its wrong, because its Peter, and she's so...abnegation. But Peter is now good so I have to get used to that.

"Hey" the three of us say and Tris goes to hug Susan, who smiles awkardly at the hug.

"What are you doing here?" Tris reads my mind.

"Peter wanted to congratulate Zeke on his engagment" Susan explains.

Wait what? Peter and Zeke are not friends.

"And since when you're his friend?" I ask sharply.

Something is wrong, I can sense it. I look at Tris and she has the same look I have.

Susan gives Peter a curious look, like waiting for an explanation.

"Well I don't remember anthing from my past, so I assumed we used to be friends or at least knew each other, so I though that right thing to do was to come and congratulate him."

Susan smiles softly at him, proudly.

"But how did you knew?" Uriah asks.

"Sorry, what?" Susan asks confused.

"How did you knew Zeke was engaged?" I say.

"Oh, we where on the goverment's building, giving some reports of the new abnegation members, because our initiation already finished, and in our way out, a girl approached us, I didn't knew her, but she knew Peter. She told us about Zeke and Shauna's engagement and then she said we should come to congratulated them, and asked us to give Tris and Four a letter. Oh! The letter, I have it here."

Who could it have been?

While Susan is looking for the letter in her pockets, I ask Peter, "Do you know who she was?"

Peter shakes his head, "no, sorry"

"Here it is!" Susan gives Tris the letter, she's about to open it but I stop her.

"Not now" I whisper to her. She nods and thanks Susan.

"Can you describe her?" Tris asks.

"Uh...she had brown hair" Susan says.

"Short hair" Peter says.

"Big"

"Tough" 

I look at Tris with wide eyes. She's already looking at me.

"Molly" we say at each other at the same time.

"Molly? The girl from your initiation class?" Uriah asks confused.

"Yeah" Tris slowly.

"She was in our class?" Peter asks Tris.

"Yeah, she was one of your friends."

We just stay there quietly, each one lost in their own thoughts.

"Well it was really nice to see you, thanks for the letter, but we gotta go" Uriah says quickly pulling Tris arm and mine. as he walks away.

I free my arm and look back at Susan and Peter, they are looking at us. Lost. Confused. Eventually they walk away and so do we.

"Can someone explain me what the fuck is going on?" Uriah asks anxiously.

I look at Tris and she nods.

"Okay, a couple of weeks ago Tris was kidnapped by Evelyn,-" 

"Your mother?" 

"Yes, my mother, the thing is, the person who kidnapped her wasn't Evelyn, it was a girl, a girl who looked familiar. We think its Molly."

"I don't understand, why would she do it?" 

"We don't know either, we haven't talked about it since it happend."

"Then what are we waiting for?! Open the letter, you pansycakes!"

"Uriah. Go home. We don't want to involve you in this." I tell him. Tris nods.

"What!? No way! You're my friends, I can help you!"

"It wasn't a cuestion Uri" Tris says softly.

After insisting for a couple minutes, Uriah finally gave up and went to his appartment. Tris texted Shauna telling her to call Chris instead of her, because we weren't going to make it. And then called Uriah to tell him to please don't tell anyone about it and that he should go with Chris to Zeke's later even when we weren't going.

When we got home, we close the door with locks, close every window and curtain and after checking we were alone, we sitted on the couch and open the letter.

"Enjoy your happy moments. They are not lasting much more."