Chapter 59: Walking over People

Tris POV

Chris just left, and I can hear Shauna knocking the door. But, the problem is I can't walk. Which means I can't open the door for her. Chris was able to enter because she has a key, somehow. I didn't think about this. 

"Shauna?", I yell from the room.

"Tris? It's me.", she says through the door.

I'm about to say-yell something when I realize I'm too tired to yell, so I call her.

She anwsers inmediately.

"Tris? I'm outside", she says.

"Shauna, I know, the thing is, I can't walk, so I don't know how you are going to get in", I say a little embarrased.

She laughs. What's so funny? 

"Don't worry, I'll manage", she says between laughs.

I try to relax and wait for her to come in, but I can't, I feel bad for leaving her outside.

I roll to the floor, and instantly regret it. That hurt.

Anyway, now that I'm on the floor, better keep on with the plan to get her in. 

I drag myself like a worm. I can only imagine how it looks. Ridiculous. And probably hilarious.

I'm getting close. "Already half way." I encourage myself.

The door opens. Shauna outside sees me and just stares at me for a couple of seconds. Trying to understand, I suppose.

Then she explotes in laughter. And I roll my eyes. I was doing it for her and this is how she thanks me?

"Hey! I was doing it for you! Stop laughing at me!", I have to yell for her to hear me over her own laugh.

She takes out her phone and takes a picture. Fuck. 

"Shauna! Erase that! Really! It's humiliating enough for you to see me like this."

She ignores me completly and  keeps laughing, so I give up and wait for her to finish.

Once she finally stops laughing and refuses to erase the picture, she takes the wheel chair inside and closes the door. She helps me it on it and then I can finally move on my own again. I still feel unusefull, but less.

Now I understand why she hated the wheel chair so much! Yeah, you can move around, but it's not even close to having legs, the feeling is completly different, and its frustrating not being able to get up and do anything you want to.

"Thanks for the wheel chair."

"No prob. Ready to go? Four asked me to take you to the fear simulations."

"Yeah," I nod "thanks"

On the way I realize something, "wait. How did you got inside?", I ask her.

She laughs a little, but doesn't answer.

"Shauna, really, how did you?"

"Oh, you were seriously asking? I used a bobby pin I found on the floor. Chris' probably."

I nod, "and just that easily?"

If anyone can get inside as easily, there's no way I'm ever feeling safe again.

"Uh, yeah, that easy. Have you really never heard of that trick before? Everyone knows about it. It's like, a classic."

"I swear, first time I heard about it. Ever. Abnegation, remember?"

"Yeah, right."

When we get there, everything is about to start. 

"Tris!", Uriah is the first to greet me. "Hey girls, Shauna I can take her from here."

"Okay, see you later", Shauna says before leaving.

"Hey Uri, what's up?"

He laughs, "come on, we are about to start, Four is talking with the initiates, let's get you a sit."

"Okay Uri, thanks"

He moves a chair on the second and last row, and puts me and the wheel chair there. He sits next to me with his usual smile.

"So how are you doing?", he asks.

"Uh...I'm fine.'

"Tris don't give me that bullshit and expect me to believe it. If you were fine you'll standing next to Four right now, not sitted here on a wheel chair."

I sigh, "I'm weak, but I'm getting better. Really."

"Good. By the way, I'm in charge on your chair, I love pushing wheel chairs, Shauna never let me push her's. "

I laugh, "Okay, if you insist. I wonder why she didn't let you"

He gives me an innocent look and I laugh at him.

Then Tobias and Lauren come inside. "First initiate, Dauntless born, Sam Odair."

Tobias spots me and smiles, but sits on the front row with the other Dauntless leaders. Lauren sits on the back with us. 

Every Dauntless leader connects themselves to some cables and inyects themselves, including Tobias. That's how they can see what Sam in fighting.

"This sucks, we can only see the initiate moving nonsense, I want to see the fears!", Uriah whispers to me, complaining.

"We trained them, we should be permited to see them using what we taught them", I agree with him, whispering too.

After hours the initiates come inside move around, some scream, some don't move too much, others roll around, as Uri and I try to guess what they are seeing. We see Sam, Josh, Andrew, Violet, Alexander and Diana first. Then the transfers, James, Makenzie, Miranda, Lucas, Jacey, Jennifer, Kyle and Paul.

Once there are no more initiates left, the Dauntless leaders and Lauren leave.

"Why don't we go?", I ask Uriah.

"Only two of the trainers, and the leaders, they have to check the results and all that," Uri explains. "Come on, let's get some Dauntless cake."

"You know how to cheer me up"

On the way, I understand why Shauna didn't let Uriah push her chair. He runs around, lets me free on the  stairs and pushes me really fast, then lets go of my chair, then runs to get me back. I don't know how many people I have walk over. But in the end, we ate cake, so everything's okay.