Chapter 26: My World Falls Apart

Tris POV

I wake up but Tobias isn't at my side.

"Tobias?" I call him.

No answer.

Something feels wrong.

I stand and go to look for him in the kitchen. He's not here.

"Tobias!" I call him again.

No answer.

I try calling him but he doesn't answer either.

I go back to our room to change, so I can look for him.

Just when I get out of the bathroom, I hear my phone ringing.

"Tobias!" I thought.

I run to answer, but it isn't Tobias.

"Cris?" I ask on the phone.

She's sobbing madly.

"What's wrong?! Are you okay?!" I ask her.

"It's -sob- Four, co -sob- me to the -sob- pit" she says weakly.

My heart has already stopped.

My Tobias.

My fiancee.

My love.

My Four.

I start running to the pit without even realizing what I'm doing.

Lots of negative thoughs pop in my head.

I finally get there to find a crying Cristina spread on the floor, next to a body.

Wait. It's Tobias' body.

To say I'm speechless, it's not right. I just can't...can't understand.

The idea of Tobias' dying can't sink in my head.

I go to the other way, lots of questions on my mind, ready to be asked. But I'm not ready to ask them.

I get to the roof and let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding.

I just don't understand...

Tears start falling over my cheeks and I'm surprised they didn't fall earlier.

I spend about an hour laying on the roof looking at the sky, crying. Thinking. Getting lost in my own thoughts.

I decide I have to know what happend so I take a deep breath and stand up. My legs feel like jelly, it takes a while of focusing but I finally start walking.

When I get where Cristina and Tobias' body were, I find Zeke, crying with Shauna hugging him, trying to calm him, but she's crying too. They are just sitting there, crying in front of his liveless body. Cristina isn't here anymore. People pass but don't even take a second look, just keep walking.

I walk over and sit next to Zeke. That's when they notice me and Zeke gets free from Shauna's grip and hugs me.

I hestitate, but hug him back. Crying again. I look at his body, his eyes are closed, he looks peacefull now, with his face relaxed.

I close my eyes.

I don't want to see him. Not like this. It just hurts so much. I can't handle it.

I need him. I need him to tell me I'm brave, to remind me of my strengh, to make me smile, to make me laugh, to hug me, to kiss me, to love me.

I need to wake up with him staring at me, I need his face to be the last thing I see when I fall asleep, I need him to consolate me, I need him.

I hear some steps but don't bother looking who is there.

"Tris" I reconize Cristina's sobbing voice.

Zeke ends the hug and stands, helping me stand too. I look up, Cristina and Uriah are here now.

"Tris, we need to talk" she tells me.

I nod, walking towards her. We start walking to Cris' appartment. I look back and see Zeke and Uriah taking Tobias body and putting it in a stretcher.

I take a deep breath and continue walking. Tears continue falling from my eyes.

We get there, and Cristina opens the door and invites me to sit in the living room. She closes the door and sits next to me. I turn so I'm facing her, she does the same.

"What happend?" I ask, my voice shaky.

"Tris, I'll tell you but promise me you won't leave until I finish."

I nod quickly "Okay" I say worried and a little confused of her petition. Why would I leave suddenly?

"It was my fault"

__________________________________________________________________________________

Extra chapter!

Such a cliffhanger! I'm so mean 🙊😵!!

Hehe

Don't worry! I'll update tomorrow.

I want to dedicate this chapter to Hoodums and Star_Twinkle for always commenting!

Lov you 😘