Chapter 9: A Night to Remember

Tris POV

I had the most weird nigthmare ever. I dreamed I was taken by this gigant girl and she left me in a trunk after she punched me a lot and put some stinky old shirt in my mouth so no one could here my screms. I wake up. Tobias isn't at my side. "Here" is not my bedroom.
I am in a small room.
There is only my bed and two doors.
I stand an open the first door, its a bathroom.
The second door is locked.

A los ot questions start rushing through my mind.

Where am I?
Who is behind all this?
Why me?
What's happening?
What hour is it?

I hate when I can't know the hour. I took off my watch before going to sleep. Stupid.

I try to awnser my own questions.

Where am I? In a lock room. Probably in Chicago.
Who is behind all this? Probably my only enemy left. Evelyn.
Why me? Because I'm his son future wife, and she hates me.
What's happening? She's probably trying to kill me. But if she does Tobias will never forgive her or maybe he never finds out she was the one who killed me. Or maybe he just get over me and forgets about me and gets a new hotter girlfriend.
What hour is it? I was super tired yesterday, so I slept earlier. I usually sleep nine hours, so it must be around 6am.

But if Evelyn is behind this, who was the girl who kidnaped me? She looked familiar.
Probably just one of the factionless. "It's not important" I tell to myself. But it feels important.
Anyway I push the thought away.

***

After a few hours someone opens the door. I think it might be the girl, but its only a random factionless man.

"Come on." He says "she wants to talk with you".

I don't refuse. I stand from the bed and follow him.

"Can you please tell me the hour?"

"No."

"Please."

"No."

I roll my eyes. It's clear he just does it to bother me.

Then just out of nowhere we hear an alarm. A lot of people start running to the elevators, some take the stairs.
I jump and find a window. I free myself from the man that was holding my wrist. He doesn't even notice. He just run for the stairs too.

I look trough the window. We are in the third floor.

I am free. I should leave. Tobias will tell me to leave. But I want to know the truth. Is Evelyn behind all this? What does she wants to tell me? Who is the girl who kidnapped me?

I don't even notice I am running, but instead of going down, as the rest. I go up. I want to know the truth. And I have a feeling, that tells me to go up.

I go up and run through the hall until I find a big glass door, the boss always have the better office. So whoever is behind all of this is there....unless she/he got out too.
Well if she/he go out, she/he will be back eventually and I will be ready.

I open the door to find Tobias. His hands around Evelyn's throat.

"Tobias! Stop!" is all I say before he take his hand off and looks at me.

"Tris!"

- - - - - -
[It is his pov since he finds out tris isn't anywhere]

Tobias POV

There are two possible places where they could have take Tris. My abnegation house or her new office in the abnegation headquarters.

First I go to my old house. But no one is there.
Zeke, Uriah, Shauna and Christina wanted to come but I didn't let them.

Now I go to the abnegation headquarters. Its full of factionless. That's normal, Evelyn put them there.

This time she really screw it up.

I don't know if they'll let me in, but I'm not taking the risk. I go the the back part of the tree story building and enter through the back door which I have the key to unlock. That is one of the benefits of working in the goverment. I have a copy of all the keys of this building.

I go inside and take the stairs, so the elevator camera won't catch me. I act normal, as if I belong there.

I get to the third floor and go straight to Evelyn's office. The floor is full of factionless but no one stops me.

I quickly open the door, angry. And there she is, sitting in her desk.

She seems surprised. "Tobias! What are you doing here?!"

"Me? What are YOU doing here? It's Sunday, you don't have to work.

"Ow, I-" she cuts herself "I don't have to explain anything to you, I'm your mother.

"Don't play dumb! I know you have Tris here!"

"Tris? Why would I have Tris?"

I groan in anger. I HATE when people play dump!

"EVELYN, STOP ACTING AS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING!"

"But I really don't know what you are talking ab-" she was cut by a factionless knocking on the door. "Yes?"

"Sorry to interrupt, but you said to bring you the girl at 9am, you didn't said who should bring her, so we were wondering who should do it?" Asks the factionless man.

HA! They just admit Tris is here and Evelyn is the guilty one. I knew she was already, I was just kind of hopping. I was wrong. Even through everything she has done, she's still my mother. And no, this time I won't forgive her.

"You do it, idiot!" She yells at him.

He closes the door and leave.

"Tobias, I swear I can explain!"

"I GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ANY WEAK EXCUSE TO KIDNAP MY FIANCEE!" As I say this I jump and punch her face, she falls to the ground. They probably have already take Tris out of her room, or cell, whatever, so I quickly turn on the fire alarm, I think that will distract the factionless so Tris can scape and then we can both get out easily.Then I go back to Evelyn and I put my hands around her neck. I don't mean to kill her, I don't think I'll be able to, but I do want to scare her. I start to press my hands slowly.

Then suddenly the door slams opens.

"Tobias! Stop!"

I turn around to see Tris. My Tris. She is save!
I take off my hands from Evelyn.

"Tris!"

__________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, I decided to instead of doing two short chapters, make this one longer.

I'm starting to have writters block, so if you have any idea for the next chapter, feel free to share it with me.

Thank you SO much for the views!

Don't forget to comment and vote!