Chapter 43: Acting Suspicious

Zeke POV

So I already got the ring.

Ring. Check.

Now I have to think where and how I'm going to propose.

I don't want it to be obvious. I want her to be totally shocked, I want it to be out of the blue...Oh! I know! 

Zip lining.

It's like our thing. We both love it. Perfect.

Now. how am I going to do it?

Come on Zeke. Think.

So, if it's going to be on the Hancok building, I can take her to the 100th floor, tell her a speech, and ask her, then we'll zip line.

I take out my key to open my department's door.

Wait! I have to hide the ring first! She may o may not be there, but I can't risk. Where can I hide it? I look around. Nowhere. I start getting nervious and finally decide I have no place to hide it outside, so I have two options: I can take the risk that she is there and go inside anyways or go to Four's and leave him my ring. 

My key falls.

"Zeke?" Shauna asks from the other side, "Is that you?"

Shit!

I hear her steps getting closer.

The box! Where do I put it?!

I take another look around very quickly. Nothing! Damn!

I panic and without thinking about it, I put the box into my pants. Because it doesn't fit in the fucking pockets.

In the exact moment I take my hand out the door opens.

"Zeke?" Shauna says looking at me, confusion showing.

"Shauna, babe, what's up?"

I palm face myself in my mind.

She gives me a weird look, "Aren't you coming in?"

"Uh...yeah! Of course."

She moves from the door so I can get inside."Your key" she says.

"What?"

"You haven't pick it up"

"Oh, yeah, thanks" I pick it up and go in.

"What's wrong with you? You're acting so weird" she says while closing the door.

"Me? I don't know what you're talking about. Why you say that?"

He turns around to look at me, "Zeke, you were standing in front of the door, not even trying to get inside, just looking at the door, and then you're like what's up."

 “I wasn’t looking at the door! I heard you coming so I was waiting to see you. And I didn’t opened the door because my key fall and I was about to pick it up when I heard you coming so I didn’t picked it up because you were going to open the door, so there was no use for the key anymore”

I know by her face that she doesn’t believe me.

“Yeah…right. Anyway, where were you?”

“With Four”

“Doing what exactly?”

“Since when did you became my mother?”

She rolls her eyes, “fine, don’t tell me then”, she turns around and walks into the kitchen.

“Wait! What are you doing?”

“I’m hungry. You want something?”

“Yeah, sure, whatever you’re making”

“Okay”, with that she leaves completely.

Is time to hide the ring. I get inside our bedroom and open my socks drawer. I take out the box and put it under all my socks.

I take a deep breath and go back to the kitchen.

As soon as I enter, Shauna turns her head around to see me, and then back to whatever she's cooking,

I take out a beer and sit to look at her.

She turns around again, "I thought you said you weren't going to drink", head back to the cooking.

"I never said that. I said you can't drink until the baby's born."

"That's not fair!" she complains, "if you don't want me to drink, then you can't do it either. At least not in front of me"

I sign. She'll continue until I finally give in, so why do I bother?

"Fine" I stand again and put the beer back in the fridge. Then take a glass, and full it with water. I sit back on the chair and just stare at her.

She asks without looking at me, "don't you ever get bored? Just looking at me?"

"How do you know I'm looking at you?" I ask her.

"I feel it. Is like a weird feeling, but is like you feel someone looking at you and I don't know how to explain it. Most people feel it, not only me"

"Yeah, I know, like someone's watching you"

"You make it sound creepy." 

After a while she talks again, "you haven't answer my question."

"I like looking at you. It's like watching a painting, beautiful and interesting"

Even through she isn't looking at me, I know she's smiling. And the feeling that I was the cause of it, is like the best feeling ever.

"Dinner's ready" she says turning around with both plates, one in each hand.

"Yey!" I cheer like a little kid who just got an ice-cream.

She chuckles and puts the plates on the table, she sits next to me and smiles before taking the hamburger with both hands.

"Mmmhh, best hamburger ever!" I say after my first bite.

"You're such a liar" 

"No, I swear they are my favorites."

"You say that everytime I cook for you"

Then I laugh, "because you're an amazing chef"

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everybody!

I know I'm not updating as much as I used to, but I'm trying to get my social life back, so I don't have so much time like I used to. Anyway I'll try to update at least once a week.

This chapter is dedicated to Caitlinlikesrainbows, thank you for the constant support!

Lov you 😘