02/ You Think I've Got It Made

* DISCLAIMER: Contains explicit language, drug use, violent references, sexual content.

[ OTHER P.O.V ]

Sunday · December 3, 1995

I was at this local concert to see Pantera and an upcoming band that was all female. To say I was stoked was an understatement. Me and my other bandmates were here together to see if these bands were as shit as people say. I already pretty much knew they were but I had to get my best friend, Corey, to shut the fuck up teasing me about them.

I may or may not have a crush on the lead singer of the female group. I can't pronounce their band name but I think I heard that it's Finnish for something. When they came on, I had to keep my jaw from dropping open. They were all beautiful but their lead singer, Alice, was even more gorgeous in person.

They played quite a few songs and I caught her attention at one point when she was throwing some picks out into the crowd because she reached down and placed one in my hand, winking at me, before moving on to the others. But she only tossed them out to everyone else.

"I think she's sweet on you, man!" My friend, Paul, shouted in my ear. My heart fluttered at that. Damn, man. I can dream on..

◊◊◊

[ ALICE'S P.O.V ]

Monday · November 23, 1998

I'm moving into an apartment with Sam this week as Phil and I have decided to call it quits on our relationship. We've gotten to the point where we just know it isn't gonna work out between us.

I've got to admit that even though things have been pretty bad for a while, the heartbreak I'm feeling hurts like a bitch. I'm not sure how I ever let myself fall in love in the first place, but I know it's not a feeling that I ever want to feel again.

I've changed my looks a bit, too. I've lost a small amount of weight, got another couple of tattoos, and cut a lot of my hair off and dyed it purple with indigo chunks throughout it.

Love, as far as I'm concerned, is just shit. Having a good time with someone and being happy is cool. But fuck all that 'together forever' and 'I love you' bullshit.

This shit has changed me forever. I never expected to fall in love with Phil Anselmo. This moving on shit is gonna be hard...

"Don't remember where I was. I realized life was a game. The more seriously I took things, the harder the rules became. / I had no idea what it'd cost. My life passed before my eyes. I found out how little I accomplished - All my plans tonight. / So as you read this know my friends; I'd love to stay with you all. Please smile when you think of me. My body's gone – that's all. / If my heart was still alive I know it would surely break. And my memories left with you... / There's nothing more to say. Moving on is a simple thing; what it leaves behind is hard. / You know the sleeping feel no more pain. And the living are scarred."