33/ Not Letting Go

* DISCLAIMER: Contains explicit language, drug use, violent references, sexual content.

Remember / I remember / We were everything and nothing together / But I can't stay away / And I can't get away / Remember / I remember / We were gonna burn the world together / But I can't stay / And I can't get away

Friday · March 25, 2002 · Presence Saint Joseph Hospital · Chicago, Illinois

Two long, agonizing months had passed with no difference in Alice's condition. Everyone around her had gone out of their minds, especially Sid. He constantly shed tears in front of everyone. Something he never really did much in his life.

Mandy and Hanna were at the hospital every day, visiting both Alice and Sam. Corey refused to leave the hospital at all; either visiting Sam or Alice. Sid couldn't stand to be without Alice, but his nerves just couldn't hold up for him to be there every moment.

Currently, Sid sat at Alice's side on the bed with her and told past stories of them together. He wasn't sure if she could hear him or not, but it gave him some comfort. Mandy said she'd done the same thing. Going back to the times they'd spent driving around their hometown aimlessly, yelling at guys walking along the sidewalks. It was mostly Alice while Mandy drove, but they both always had the most fun together.

"Ali? Baby, I know you're in there. This- this has to be hard on you. It's the hardest thing I've ever fucking gone through. Baby, please, for me, wake up. We were so close. I need you, Alice Morgana. I can't do this without you! We almost made it..." Sid gripped her hand tighter.

He let his body slide down the bed, until he was lying beside his love. He didn't know why things transpired the way they had. It seems that when everyone in their circle was at their happiest points, it had all ended so suddenly. Sid didn't know what to do next. Who even knew what he was supposed to do?

Seeing her like this was absolutely killing him. It was as if she was already gone, and this was a recurring nightmare that he could hold her but she wasn't there.

He felt like a shell of a person now. Nothing mattered to him except for Alice. He hadn't thought it would be this hard to wait for an update on her condition.

When Mandy got back into the room, Sid explained to her how he was feeling, and it pissed her off immensely.

"Mandy, I... I'm wasting time here. I tried.. But I don't know how much longer I can do this. Being here with her like this is killing me. She's basically fucking gone anyway!"