30 / Only When She Loves Me

* DISCLAIMER: Contains explicit language, drug use, violent references, sexual content.

Monday · August 20, 2001 · Toronto, Canada

"Even if you run, I will find you / I decided I wanted you / Now I know - I need / If you can't be bought, tougher than I thought / Keep in mind - I am with you / Never left out fate - Can't concentrate / You will be mine! / Oh, fucking you will be mine / I found you / Leaning out of an open window / You laughed / My fingers clenched / Too perfect - far too careless / I couldn't help myself - I just took you / Dammit man, I knew it was a mistake / You brought it out of me / You better make yourself at home / You're here to stay / You won't bother me if you let me bother you / All the doors are locked / All the windows shut / Keep in mind - I watch you / Never leave my side / Never leave me, fucker / Even if you run! / What the fuck is different? / Man, I can't believe I'm doing this / Dammit man, I knew it was a mistake / You brought it out of me!"

The girls and I jumped and screamed for the nine men on stage performing. Even though we've been on the road for several months, watching them just never gets old. At the end of the song, Sid took a moment to run over to the side of the stage and lifted his mask up for a sweaty and sloppy kiss. Luckily, none of his face paint smeared when he did so.

"It's so good to see you fucking happy again, doll!" Mandy shouted over my way. I didn't fight her against her comments anymore, I just grew to accept it. I shot her a smile and looked back at the stage in time for Slipknot to begin their next song.

"Long ago, someone tried to take this song from us. But we said, 'fuck you' and took it back. This song is about a girl in a box. This song is called, 'PURITY'!" Corey screamed to the crowd. Knowing that this song is terribly important to not only him, but the entire band, and that someone tried to sue them for writing it, really struck a nerve with me. I had been working closely with Shawn, Paul and Joey to get their rights back to the song for quite some time and last week we finally won the lawsuit. So tonight, no doubt they would treat their fans to finally playing it again.

"Maze / Psychopathic daze / I create this waste / Back away from tangents, on the verge of drastic ways / Can't escape this place / I deny your face / Sweat gets in my eyes / I think I'm slowly dying / Put me in a homemade cellar / Put me in a hole for shelter / Someone find me please / All I see is hate / I can hardly breathe / And I can hardly take it / Hands on my face, overbearing / I can't get out / Lost / Run at my own cost / Fearing laughter, scoffed / Running from the rush / Detached from such and such / Bleak / All around me, weak / Listening / Incomplete / I am not a dog but I'm the one you're dogging / I am in a buried kennel / I have never felt so final / Someone find me please / Losing all reserve / I am fucking gone / I think I'm fucking dying / You all stare, but you'll never see / There's something inside me / You all stare, but you'll never see / There's something in you I despise / Cut me / Show me / Enter / I am willing and able / And never any danger to myself / Knowledge of my pain / Or was my tolerance a phase / Empathy / Out of my way / I can't die! / You all stare, but you'll never see / There's something in you I despise / Despise! / PURITY / Have you ever ... seen ... God?"