13/ Good Friends & A Bottle of Pills

* DISCLAIMER: Contains explicit language, drug use, violent references, sexual content.

Wednesday · March 7, 2001 · Camden, New Jersey

I grabbed up my bass and saluted the crowd before flipping them off. With no other introduction, we launched into our setlist. We decided to play some of our older music tonight because - why the hell not? Out setlist was only ten songs tonight but it was fine by me – that's more energy I'll have for later.

"No more love to purchase / I've invested in myself / You know nothing about me / Keep opinions to yourself / No more complications / Everything's just swell / No more obligations / There's nothing more to tell / I just want to be alone / When I get weak or I'm tired and afraid / When I sleep all my dreams turn out the same / When I bleed I relieve you of your pain / I can't believe you won't let me do the same / Please give me a reason / So I can shut you out / Though your heart is bleeding / You left me with no doubt / Give me segregation / Give me back my health / Take your observations / And turn them on yourself / I just want to be alone / When I get weak or I'm tired and afraid / When I sleep all my dreams turn out the same / When I bleed I relieve you of your pain / I can't believe you won't let me go / Let me live my life alone / When I'm running scared that's when I need to know / That you'll let me go / When I get weak or I'm tired and afraid / When I sleep all my dreams turn out the same / When I bleed I relieve you of your pain / I can't believe you won't let me go / Let me live my life alone"

- - -

"Do you think I'm faking / When I'm lying next to you? / Do you think that I am blind? / There's nothing left for me to lose / Must be something on your mind / Something lost and left behind / Do you know I'm faking now? / Do you know I'm faking / When I'm lying next to you? / Do you know that I am blind / To everything you ever do? / Must be something on your mind / Something lost for me to find / Do you know I'm faking? / I guess you know I'm faking / When I tell you I love you / I guess you know that I am blind / To everything you say and do / Must be something on my mind / There's nothing left for me to hide / Do you know I'm faking? / We have to succumb to the feelings we can never face / I need you, I breathe you / I can't go through this all again / We have to succumb to the feelings we can never face / I need you, I breathe you / I can't go through this / Then he told me he had a gun / It sounded like he'd used it once before, oh, man / Then he told me he had a gun / He says he wants to use it on me now..."

- - -

"Don't wanna be sly and defile you / Desecrate my mind and rely on you / I just wanna break this crown / But it's hard when I'm so run down / And you're so cynical, Narcissistic Cannibal! / Got to bring myself back from the dead! / Don't wanna be rude but I have to / Nothing's good about the hell you put me through / I just need to look around / See that life that has come unbound / And you're so cynical, Narcissistic Cannibal / Got to bring myself back from the dead / Sometimes, I hate, the life I made / Everything's wrong every time / Pushing on I can't escape / Everything that comes my way / Is haunting me taking its sweet time / Holding on I'm lost in a haze / Fighting life to the end of my days."