Ricky Dillon Imagine

Counting Stars:

Ricky's POV••

"C'mon keep up!" I yelled over my shoulders looking at her. Her hair was up in a ponytail, her side bangs sticking to her forehead.

"Ricky shut up. You know I'm not good at physical exercise. Especially if it involves hiking and not even stopping for a sip of water." she said finally standing next to me, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Only a few more minutes to go. We're almost there." I said patting her head. She huffed and mumbled something about this being her punishment for eating all the Doritos. I chuckled and kept on hiking. A few minutes later we finally arrived to the camping site. It was a nice, big opening. There was a small wooden house, a fire pit and there was a small lake with yellow canoes on the shore. There was a brown dock and a small brown shed by the house. It was already dark when we arrived so we set up the fire and got out the sleeping bags and marshmallows.

"Here." I said, handing her a marshmallow.

"No way. I lost 10 pounds and I will not gain twice just because of a marshmallow." she said looking at the marshmallow in disgust.

"Besides I don't like marshmallows." she said taking out a jar of Nutella.

"Wait, so you'd rather eat Nutella that has more calories than one marshmallow?" I asked as she dipped the spoon in.

"Yep." she replied before licking the spoon. I just laughed causing her to smile and spit the spoon out, which caused her to blame it on me.

"Come here." I told her after she told a stars joke.

"What?" she asked me but I just grabbed her hand and led her to the soft, green, grass. I laid down and pulled her down with me, her head lying on my chest.

"What am I suppose to be seeing?" she asked, turning her head slightly, looking at me.

"At the sky." she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She turned her head to look at the sky and I heard her gasp. I looked up too. The night sky was a dark navy blue color, the stars sparkling like tiny diamonds in the sky. It was absolutely breathtaking. I looked back down at her, feeling a weird warmth in my chest. She looks so perfect laying on my chest. Her face was at an angle that you could see half her face. My favorite thing about her was her eyes. They shined like the stars in the sky even in dark. Her perfect rosy color lips moving as if talking to herself. It's weird how I love the simplest things about her. Like how she pouts when she's sad or how she furrows her eyebrows when confused or when she's trying to concentrate. I was admiring her goddess like beauty that I didn't hear what she said.

"What?" I asked blinking a couple of times.

"178. I could only count 178 stars." she said looking at me.

"So is that why your lips were moving?" I asked playing with her hair.

"Yea. I was counting stars. I couldn't find any constellations except for the big dipper and- "

"I love you." I said cutting her off.

She sat up and turned to face me.

"What?" she whispered

"I love you." I repeated the 3 words carefully. She smiled and leaned down to kiss my lips and laid back on my chest.

"I love you too."