Chapter 13

Donny

Sophie and I walked towards my car, still hand in hand. I didn't let go of it, neither did she. Pinabayaan nalang namin na magkahawak kami ng kamay. Because hey, I like it. There was this dead air once again, then Sophie spoke, "Hey, thank you for being there ulit. I think I might be disgusted with myself forever if it wasn't for you, stopping Miguel. I'm sorry, nasuntok ka pa.", she frowned at the last sentence. "Don't worry, Sophie. It's no big deal. Mas worse nga kung nandito si Josh, maybe araw araw yung World War III pag ganun, don't you think?", I said as she was looking down. "Sshh, let's not talk about Josh.", she said and nag shut up muna ako. I unlocked the car and opened the door for her before I entered, then pumasok na din ako. I started the car then drove all the way out of this village.

Time check: 9:23 pm, maaga pa naman for me, well I don't know with Sophie. The traffic light went red, so I rested my hands on my thighs. I glanced at Sophie, who's using her phone, then mine started ringing. "Uhm, I'll take this muna.", I told her and she nodded. "Hey, mom. I'm on the way home. Yes po, I'm still with Sophie. Till Sunday? How about sila ate Ella? Okay, okay. You're with tita Michelle? Sige po, I'll tell her. Thank you, ingat din po kayo. Love ya.", I just had a call with my mom, saying na nag out of town sila ni tita Michelle, Sophie's mom, which is until Sunday afternoon. Mom and Tita said na sa amin muna mag stay si Sophie kasi wala siyang kasama, so she'll spend the weekend with us. I'm excited!

"Was that Tita who called?", Sophie asks after I placed my phone sa side ko then I started driving since the traffic light turned green. "Yup, nag out of town sila ni Tita Michelle, till Sunday daw sila dun. Then Tita and Mom asked kung gusto mo ba daw sa amin muna mag stay for the weekend.", I said, and she was nodding lang. "Don't be shy na, please? You'll have fun, I swear.", I added, which made her say yes. "How could I say no eh si Mommy ko na and si Tita Maricel na nagsabi.", she giggles. "Daan muna tayo sa amin, gagamutin ko muna yung bruise mo para 'di na lumalala.", she added as I responded, "Yes, ma'am.", then we both laughed.

Sophie

It was quarter to 10 pm na when we reached my house, I'm just gonna put some clothes and essentials on my bag since hanggang Sunday afternoon ako kela Donny. "Sige, una ka na. Park lang ako.", Donny said before I went out of the car. I unlocked the gate then walked towards the front door and unlocked it as well. After doing so, I went upstairs to my room to grab my stuffs then went downstairs agad, and I saw Donny sitting on our couch. "Dons, tara dito sa kitchen.", he followed me agad and I let him sit sa stool while I grabbed some ice cubes from the fridge and a hand towel. "Dons, tingin.", he stopped whatever it is that he's doing then looked at me. Pucha, his lips are so asdfghjkl. I placed three ice cubes on the towel and gently dabbed it on his mouth. He winced as the ice cold towel pressed on his mouth and moved his face away from me. "Wait, masakit.", he pouts, shit ang cute niya. "Chillax, dude. Sige ka, lalaki lalo labi mo.", I joked as I warned him, then he faced me again. This time, I was holding his jaw so that he won't move. I gently dabbed the cloth again on the bruised area so that it won't swell. While I was busy applying the ice on his mouth, I caught him staring at me. I tried hard not to look at him too and to focus on his lips (huhu ang kissable), but I failed. Then after a few more dabs, he stopped me from doing so. He held my hand and said, "This will be gone sooner or later, lalo na ikaw yung nag gamot. Thank you. Let's go na.", he stood up and pinched my cheek, then I turned off the lights and locked all the doors and gates. Donny went out before I did, then napahawak ako sa cheek ko kung saan kinurot ni Donny and I started blushing. 🙈

Donny

My bruise was already treated carefully by Sophie, I feel better now. We left her house afterwards then drove on the way to mine. What would my siblings think? Oh, well. I can explain so they don't have to worry. But there was something kanina, I couldn't stop staring at her while she was applying ice on my bruise. I wanted to kiss her that moment, right there. But I shrugged it off muna, ang landi mo, Donato. Take it slow muna.

We arrived at my place after a few minutes, then I helped Sophie carry her bag and we entered the house. "Hi kuya Dons and kuya Dons' friend!", Benj said as he saw me and Sophie entering. "Sup lil bro? Late na, ba't gising ka pa?", I asked, no one sleeps later than 10 PM here, seriously, unless may occasion or kung trip namin. "Ats asked me to get food coz we're having a movie marathon.", he explained. "Oh, nice. This is Sophie, by the way. This is Benjamin, my mini me", I said to him, then Sophie shook hands with him. "No wonder why you guys are so tall. It's a pleasure to meet you.", Sophie said with a giggle. "Join us, ate Sophie and kuya Dons!", then we both followed Benj, who's holding a tray with 6 bottles of tropicana and a huge bowl of popcorn. I might pull an all nighter for this, haha.

Sophie

We arrived at Donny's place once again and we were greeted by his little brother, Benjamin. Mini me daw ni Dons, haha cute. Then he asked us to join them for a movie marathon.

"Ats! Kuya Donny is home, and he's brought a girl!", Benj said as we entered a big room, I didn't know kung kaninong doom yun but it's so nice. "For real? It's been a while since you brought a girl home again, Dons.", his sister said. "Yeah, never speak of it again, please?", Donny whispered, thinking that I might not hear since I was busy scrolling thru Twitter on my phone, but it's okay. I shouldn't be affected or what because friends lang namam kami and I don't expect more from that. "Okay, I won't. My lips are sealed, bro. Anyways, hi, I'm Ella! You can call me Ats nalang din.", ate Ella walked towards me and nakipag-beso sa akin. "Hello po, I'm Sophie.", I said. They all look so handsome and beautiful. Damn, those genes. Saan pwede makakuha nun? RIP self esteem talaga.

"Take a seat, Max. Solana and Hannah will be here in a while, bihis muna ako ah? I'll be back.", Donny said and I just nodded in response and gave him a smile. Then Solana and Hannah appeared in just a few seconds, bombarding me with questions and I happily answered each, then ate Ella joined us. Benj excused himself to use the bathroom, and we, the girls, had the room to ourselves.

"Sophie, I know this is the first time na we met, I apologize for being madaldal kanina, but I want to share something with you.", with what ate Ella just said, my heart started beating faster.