Chapter 23

*3,2k+ words!! may bumabawi hehe*
Donny

8:53 AM

I woke up by the feeling someone's jumping on my bed, no one else but the one and only Solana. "Kuya Donny! Ate Claui and ate Hanots are waiting for you in the sala.", pulling the blanket away from me, I slightly pushed her away from me. "Later, Solans. It's too early pa.", I complained, yawning, then hid my face with my pillow. Seconds later, I felt a lightweight sitting on my back, then I turned around causing Solana to fall on the other side of the bed. "Sige ka, kuya Dons. I'll tell ate Sophie na you're too lazy.", I was aroused with what I heard then Solana started to run around the room, making me chase her. Then afterwards, we reached the living room.

"Where's Sophie?", I asked, rubbing my eyes with a yawn. "Ate Sophie is not here, kuy. You must be dreaming.", Hannah chuckled as she went near me, giving me a pinch then I winced with the pain I felt. "Kuya Dons won't wake up that's why I mentioned ate Sophie.", Solana said as she was hiding behind Claui. "Anyways, I dropped by Janina's house to get the onesie.", Claui said, holding a big arse plastic bag in front of me. I grabbed it from her then started opening it. "Uh, why are there blueberries on the hood?", I asked while checking the onesie then Hannah started laughing. "It's cute kaya, kuy! Janina must've designed it.", I just showed my "okay, not bad" look then I folded the onesie and returned it on the bag. "Oh, look. Ate Janina left a letter!", I let Solana read it for us which says,

"Yo Dons! Maybe you're wondering why are there blueberries on the hood HAHA Sophie likes blueberries kasi kaya I requested na ilagay sa hood :) Good luck later!!" - Jaja

I just smiled with what I heard, really hoping na magustuhan ni Sophie yung performance mamaya.

10:16 PM

Chris, Hans, Janina, Claui, Benj, Hannah and I spent the morning at my house, watching me dance. Yes, it's cringe-y. We were just waiting for the clock to strike at 1 pm so that we could get ready and leave the house for the school fair. Our event will start at 3 and will end at 7 pm. My friends and I planned on hanging out after the event.

"Okay so later, we're gonna hide from Sophie. Let her wonder where we are, then if she texts anyone of us, we will put a 🐸 emoji on the end of every text. I told Marga na din about this.", Janina said while frosting the cupcakes with Solana. "Why does kuya Donny have to wear a onesie, ate Janina?", Solana asked after licking the excess frosting on her hands. "Because it's a cute and sweet way of capturing someone's heart through dancing.", Janina explained while giving her the sweetest smile. Hans is really lucky to have someone like Janina, someone who's really gonna put effort into everything. Meanwhile, Claui and Chris? Harutan lang diyan sa tabi, ayaw pa umamin ni Claui. While the fifth wheeler me, still waiting for the right time. "I wish ate Sophie is here with us, though.", Solana said while laying down beside me on the beanbags, then I let her head rest on my chest. "Will I see her later?", she asked. "Yes, yes.", I assured her. "Yay! I missed having her around. I hope she drops by here soon.", she murmured while playing with the hem of my hoodie. "I'm sure she missed having you around as well, like I do.", I missed having her around. I yawned softly then took a nap.

Sophie

10:34 AM

I was at our gazebo, chugging on my iced coffee while reading the opening remarks for today's fair. I have less than 2 hours to prepare so I arranged all the things I need to work on.

"Max, anak, someone's at the doorbell. Pa-check kung sino nandun, thanks.", Mom half yelled because she was busy painting beautiful cherry blossoms at the terrace. I ran to the front door, not peeking on the peep hole then unlocked the knob. "Ate Max!", I was greeted with a warm welcome from someone who was separated from me and my mom for 3 years. "I missed you, achi.", my little sister, Selena Maureen, said. "I missed you too, Maui! Come on in.", I said after giving her a tight hug.