Chapter 24

Sophie

Tears. Anger. Pain. Words.

Those four words are the ones that I encountered when I twisted the door knob for me to enter my house. I wish I didn't leave Claui's house. I wish I didn't open the door. I wish he didn't come back so that I'll never see his face again.

Bakit siya nandito?

"Oh, Sophie! You're here na pala. I texted you kasi your Dad is here, waiting for you and Maui.", Mom greeted as I entered the house. Maui was seated next to Dad on our sofa while Mom was next him. "May tatay pala ako.", I whispered, I just had a straight face, not knowing what expression to show. "Ate Sophie! Let's watch a movie. Tara, sit with us!", Maui said as I just gave her a small smile when I walked slowly towards the staircase. "Max, anak, can pops get a hug?", Dad walked next to me, making me cringe, while Maui and Mom were at the sala. "Aren't you supposed to be with your other woman? What are you doing here?", with so much hatred and disrespect, I still can't stand him. "Sophie, I know nagkamali ako. That's why I'm here para bumawi sa kakulangan ko bilang Daddy mo.", he started to hold my hand, while I was just looking down, tears started blurring my vision. "Matagal na 'yon, anak. Can we please forget about what happened?", he said, sounding apologetic. "And hey, I'm happy na you have places to be na after school ha.", he added. "Forget? What is to forget, ha Dad? Yung pagloko mo kay Mommy? Yung pag-iwan mo sa amin? Yung paghiwalay nating apat?", I started raising my voice, not giving a fvck if Mom and Maui hears me. "Anak, hear me out please.", he mumbled. "Never mo nga ako nahatid sa first day ko sa school, unlike mom. Pero yung babae mo, kung saan saan mo na nahatid.", I was crying. I'm so damn hurt. Tangina. "Ate Sophie, tama na.", Maui said as she pulled me down the stairs, hugging me. "I never had the chance to spend time with my own sister, hiniwalay mo pa ako sa kaniya. Kailan pa naging competition kung sino favorite mo?", I was staring at Dad while his hands were on his head. "Sophie-", Mom started but I butt in. "Make him leave, Ma. Ayoko makakita at makausap ng isang tao na mas inuuna pa yung iba kaysa sa sarili niyang pamilya.", I said, not thinking about it before saying it. "Anak-", I was triggered throwing the wine glass on the the ground. Dad started calling Maui for them to go home, but I can't stand it when he started forcing her to come with him. I was so angry. I can't help but throw the glass. Shattered glasses. Spilled wine. Such a mess. "Go away, Dad! You're not helping.", were my last words before I started screaming at him before he left the house. "I don't need you.", I cursed under my breath as the door shut.

"I'm so sorry for being an emotional brat, but I'll never be sorry for what I said. Goodnight.", I broke the silence when Maui, Mom, and I were left at the sala. After saying my last words, I ran upstairs to my room, locking myself for the night.

Donny

I really am a bad brother. I forgot that Hannah and Solana were also at Claui's house. Before I thought of bringing Benj home, I said, "We should head back to Claui's. I forgot about Hannah and Solana.", then Benj chuckled. "Yeah, we probably should. Or else Kiwi will eat you alive.", hay ang galing mo, Donny.

After driving for 30 minutes, we reached Claui's house to fetch my two younger sisters. I asked Benj to fetch them sa front door and go to straight to the car nalang so that diretso na. "Dons! Kamusta pala?", Claui said as she walked Benj, Hannah, and Solana towards the car. "Uhm, I think there's a problem at home. Benj and I heard her scream Dad, as far as I remember.", I replied while tapping the steering wheel then Claui gave me a frown. "I'll try to catch up on her as you guys go, do the same ha? Kamustahin mo din.", she said as nakibeso siya sa akin. "Goodnight, ingat kayo.", was her last words.