Chapter 23 - Part Two

Donny

Do you know the feeling like getting something out of your chest after a short amount of time but it felt like a long time, makes you want to take a deep breath and say finally, I got nothing to hide? 'Coz that's how I feel.

"Let's go, Claui might be looking for us.", I said to Sophie while I gave her hands a soft squeeze. I first held her hand during the party at Chris' house, and now? It feels like the first time again, that electric feeling. But this time, it didn't want me dead.

We walked towards the double doors that leads to the soccer field, as we were about to enter, Sophie stopped walking then pulled my hand. "What's wrong?", I asked her. "Uh, what would the others think as they see us together?", looking down, I slowly lift her chin up to look at me. "Don't worry, 'cause they already know.", I said as I pinched her cheek. "Edi wow.", she replied with an eye roll. I just smiled at her response as we both entered the field, filled with a lot of students and outsiders.

"Ah, Pangilinan. Never knew that you were so good in dancing. You always make me surprised, son.", Coach Leo said as we bumped into each other, "I was surprised as well, Coach. Thank you, though.", I gave him a smile as he did the same, then he took a glance on Sophie. "And this young lady, Ms. Magalona. Is she your–", I cut him off then whispered, "Not for now, but soon.", I gave him a wink then he gave me two thumbs up, "You're on the right track, MVP. Never lose focus, okay?", Coach gave me a pat on the back before he left as I approved on what he said.

"Approve na agad si Coach sa'yo, what can you say?", I asked her, teasingly, as we were getting food.‪ "Wow, ang bilis ah. Slow down muna, tol.", Sophie responded. "Hmm, bagalan ko nalang din yung paghabol ko sa'yo.", I said as I took a sip on my root beer. "A-Ano?", she asked, then I said, "Nothing, I said you're pretty.", then I gave her my sweetest smile.

Sophie

Donny has been making my heart jump kanina pa. The words I've been longing to hear? I just heard it right when I unexpected it.

I was just keeping signs, because she knew that I like you.

If this was a game called hide and seek, I'd be the loser for hiding my feelings.

If this is a trust and fall challenge, talo na ako agad kasi ako unang nahulog.

I really thought something's going on between him and Janina. Thank God, I was given a sign. 'Wag na daw ako mag-overthink sabi ni G.

"Approve na agad si Coach sa'yo, what can you say?", Donny asked, as we were getting food.‪ "Wow, ang bilis ah. Slow down muna, tol.", was my response. "Hmm, bagalan ko nalang din yung paghabol ko sa'yo.", He said as I looked at him, taking a sip on his drink. "A-Ano?", I asked, but I clearly heard what he said, I just wanted him to repeat it. Then he said, "Nothing, I said you're pretty.", then he gave me the sweetest smile I fell for.

Donny, panindigan mo yang sinabi mo ha.

And now I ask you, G. Si Donny na po ba? Ayaw ko po ng mabilisan, pero for sure naman, he can wait naman diba?

Donny

Sophie and I were just strolling around the field, and what interupts our convo is because there are juniors asking for a photo with me and Sophie, or me alone.

"Thank you, kuya Donny! By the way, is ate Sophie your girlfriend?", a girl who looks like a sophomore asked, made me and Sophie laugh then said no, we're just friends. I'll hold on to that muna since I can wait, no matter how long it would take.