38

Donny

I woke up with a throbbing headache. What happened last night? Pagdilat ko, I noticed that I was on a different place, far from home. Nahihilo pa ata ako. I don't know if I was dreaming when I heard Chris talking to someone. I really can't recall the conversation but the last thing on my mind was Sophie.

I shut my eyes closed.

"Hindi ko naman ginusto na may mangyari sa amin. He forced me."

I took a deep breath and looked for my phone. I was wearing different clothes, someone must've had dressed me up to sleep.

As I sat up, and saw my clothes folded by the coffee table and saw my phone next to it. I quickly grabbed it to check the time and if ever I have some messages.

Chris

Hope you sleep tight x

Hans

Ingat pag-uwi, tol.

Janina

I hope you're doing fine already.

Hannah

Kuy! Where are you?

After reading some texts, I heard a door creaked open and I was startled so I sat properly.

I ran a hand through my hair and gripped it tight. Where am I ba?

"Oh, good. You're finally awake, son.", I'm confused. "How are you feeling?", the man asked.

"I still feel kind of lightheaded po, Tito. Sorry po sa abala.", it's Sophie's dad.

"Did you drink too much last night?", he ushered me to the dining area.

"Most probably.", I sighed. Tito handed me a glass of water and a cup of coffee.

After having a glass of water, Tito lead me to the balcony of their unit.

It was silent and awkward, I focused my gaze on the busy road of Makati.

"Tito, may I ask who brought me here?", I was still really confused.

"Sophie told me that your friends brought you here all the way from Circuit. You were so wasted that you nearly passed out.", he chuckled. I felt my cheeks burning due to humiliation. "Sophie wasn't supposed to be here yesterday but she went here straight from Laguna. Naswerte ka, hijo.", I bit the inside part of my cheek.

"Were you the one who changed my clothes po?", I took a sip from my cup of coffee.

"Tulog ka na nung naabutan kita sa sala, anak.", he chuckled once again. "I believe Sophie did.", he patted my back.

Ang swerte ko nga, I thought.

"Anyway, I'm gonna buy breakfast from Subway. Wait for Sophie to wake up na lang.", I just nodded.

"I know you guys are not in good terms. I understand, hijo.", I gave him a small smile before he left.

I feel bad for staying silent, Tito must've thought na iniiwasan ko na si Sophie.

Sigh. Umupo ako sa isang egg chair dito sa balcony at nagpahangin. The words from Chris and someone still rings inside my head or baka lasing lang talaga ako.

Minutes later, I went back inside to the living room. I updated Hannah on my whereabouts. Of course, she'll freak but I said not to.

Chris, Hans, and Janina told me to just chill and be civil. I mean, I'm good. The atmosphere is just playing with me.