Chapter 32

Donny

For the past few days, I feel so empty. I decided to focus on my academics first, still, nag improve naman grades ko despite my emptiness. Is it me or I just feel incomplete? I rested my elbows on the table, viewing the noisy room of 25 people, then stopped my gaze on Sophie's seat.

Where is she?

I know I screwed up big time but I really want to make it up to her. This place seems so quiet without her. Kapag nasa hallway kami, maraming freshmen lumalapit sa kanya for inquiries and questions about the upcoming events soon to be held in our campus.

"Dude, kanina ka pa tulala.", Hans nudged my shoulder. "You're still part of the honor roll, don't worry.", he patted my back, kahit hindi naman yun yung iniisip ko.

"Thanks, man. Just a lot of things running on my mind.", I sighed placing my notebook inside my bag.

"Anyways, kamusta nga pala kayo ni Sophie?", napatingin ako sa mga kamay ko, sobrang miss ko na siya.

"No contact, dude.", I frowned.

"What's up with her? It's been three days since we all last saw her.", and in those three days, it felt like forever.

"I swear, I don't know.", what if something bad happens to her and I won't be there to tell her that everything's gonna be okay? I'm starting to worry. Ever since when she asked me sino daw ako nung nag text ako, I was already confused.

"I hope nothing's serious, man.", Hans gave me a bro fist before walking back to his desk.

10:28 AM

It was break time and I decided to go eat alone, but then I bumped into Janina and Claui.

"Oh, Dons! Join us.", Claui said as she pulled me to take a seat.

"Hey, do you guys know where Sophie is?", I asked, stealing some fries on Janina's plate.

"I haven't heard from her for days, though.", Claui responded. "Bakit, nag-away nanaman ba kayo?",

"Donny naman, I told you to be the better person. Huwag ka na madala sa galit mo.", here we go again with the sermon of the cousin.

"Wait, wait, commercial lang. It's been three days na absent si Sophie.", Janina said as she was flipping through her journal. "Why don't we go to her place later, kamustahin siya?",

Sasama sana ako pero ayun nga, masama loob niya sa akin. I miss her so much.

Sophie

For 3 days straight, I decided to stay at home due to a lot of things running on my mind. I looked at the mirror, and stared at myself. What has gotten into you, Sophie? I started crying again, my eyes are getting puffier and puffier every time I wipe it.

It's already 1:17 PM, and I haven't left my room yet. As usual, ako lang naman nandito pag weekdays so wala akong kasama. I don't know kung tatawagan ko ba si Mom, Dad, or si Maui. I wanted to stay alone for today.

I checked my phone since it has been ringing non stop for the last 2 hours, messages from my co-officers, professors, and my friends. I decided to turn it off para walang iistorbo sa akin kahit isang beses man lang.

4:45 PM

I heard the doorbell rang, making me snap back to reality. Dumiretso ako sa CR para maghilamos and to prep myself up since I look like a zombie from all the puffy crying and sleepless nights. I clearly don't recognize myself anymore.