Chapter Forty

I felt the cold air of the night prickle my skin, the dress was not helping at all. I tried opening the car door but It was locked. I groaned in frustration, I started walking I didn't want to look at the building where the part was being held. Tears still burned my eyes, and the musky air wasn't helping my situation. I started feeling drops of cold liquid on my arms. Great rain I thought to myself, I walked faster.

The streets seemed barer at night, barley any people walking the streets of Ney York. ''Valerie'' I heard my named being called, I was hoping when I turned around it was Harvey or Aaron or even Tommy. But when I turned it was the only person that I didn't want to see. Henry started sprinting dodging people in his way. I started walking faster, the drops of rain falling faster. ''Valerie'' he called again but he was closer to me now. he stepped in front of me blocking my path.

''Henry leave me alone'' I said surprisingly harsh. ''Valerie please wait'' he was pleading and his big green eyes stared right into me. I stopped, the rain dropping harder dampening my hair. ''I didn't think she was going to do that'' he said, his voice frantic and slightly spaced from running. His wet hair clung to the side of his face curling in slight swirls. ''and what you would have let her do it if you've known'' I said my hair clinging to my back. ''no, listen to me Valerie the only reason I even agreed to dance with her is so she would leave you alone'' he was serious his eyebrows curved with concentration. ''why I could have taken care of myself'' I said. The rain started pouring but we stood where we were not moving.

''I know you can'' he seemed to have moved a step closer to me. The rain dripped off his nose and hair. ''I know it wasn't your fault but to see you be kissed by another girl, it made me angry and I wanted to be alone'' I said looking down at my feet. he pulled my chin up gently making me look at his pale green eyes. ''Valerie, there is no way I would want to kiss another girl if I know I have a better one right in front of me''. before I could reply he leaned in kissing me, his gentle hands playing with my hair. When he finally let go, I put my arms around his neck, bringing me closer to him. I could feel his heart beat lightly against my own chest. ''is that an apology?'' I said sort of playfully. he smiled ''why was it a good one''. I laughed silently ''I'd say you're forgiven''. we smiled at each other, locked in just what seemed to be our own little world. ''oh why isn't that a hallmark moment'' a voice came from my right.

I looked and froze ''you know I should have known that he was dumb enough to actually like someone like you'' Albany said her voice light and evil.