Chapter Thirty-Three

I sat on my bed, thinking about the situation I was in.  Henry isn't talking to me, Harvey acted as if I had just made a big mistake with my life and Tommy's acting like everything's ok. todays Sunday, and we have to leave for the council tomorrow. The council is in new York, surprising no. I've never been there but supposedly it's a old mental asylum, well played brothers well played.

''Val you ok'' Tommy walked, her bangs pushed up with a white head band. ''no'' I said trying to not sound harsh. ''well you can't let this get to you'' she said sitting next to me. ''sorry but it's way to late for that'' I said staring at the white ceiling. she sighed, and brushed her hair back. .''well your going to have to talk to him'' she said looking at her nails.

I sat up ''how he won't let me'' I said feeling the heaviness in my chest compress. she smiled ''come on I'll show you''. she pulled me out of my room, I felt her slender fingers grip my wrist. we had came upon the room that Harvey found him. Tommy opened the door a shoved me in. she closed the door behind leaving a blow of wind and a bang. I went to get back out but I heard the door lock. ''you kids have fun now'' I stared back at henry who was doing the same to me.

''henry we need to talk'' I said choking as the words fluttered out of my mouth. ''about what, how your willing to put your neck on the line with me'' he said under his breath. he had never spoken to me before like that. ''henry stop'' I said wrapping my fist roughly. ''stop what'' his green eyes looked pale in the sunlight of the room. ''why don't you want me to go with you'' I asked inching towards him. ''because after all those things you and everyone else was talking about that place I'd rather know you were safe'' his voice sounded pained. I inch more but he winced as if my presence was a vampire to daylight. ''but I need to go, because I want the same'' he stared at me as those words came out. as if those words were pulling him out of a dream.

I sat next to him, he stayed still as a statue.  ''Henry your knew to this, this stuff I had to deal with my whole life, you can't take it all in at once alone'' I said trying to make him look at me. but his face was like mask of stone. '' Valerie, my mom went back to England last night'' he said catching me off guard. ''what'' I said my heart beat becoming faster. ''I couldn't go back because I wanted to be with you'' he said his green eyes facing mine.