Chapter Eighteen

I hopped in Harvey's Truck, waiting for my emotionally mental barrier to fall apart. the car was silent with awkwardness. ''hey Val did you ask henry anything about a ride'' Harvey said looking back at me in the rear view mirror. then I noticed that I never talked about a ride ''no. crap.'' I exclaimed.

''do you know what street he's on'' Tommy asked looking back at from the front seat. yes I did know what street, but I'm not going to tell them that. this is it I will be able to break his heart just enough for another four months. ''oh wait he's straight on the road before we turn'' Tommy smiled as if she discovered the greatest thing since toilet paper.

on the outside I was smiling but on the inside I was screaming in frustration. ''how did you figure that out'' I asked trying not to sound rude. ''oh your not the only one who has been talking to him I just got his run down basics'' she smiled both braggingly and proud.

soon we were looking on every street for some sign of henry. I was really hoping that he was inside the house and didn't remember it. but deep down I really wanted him to come. I wanted to go a regular date and actually have a relationship. not worrying about breaking or trying to keep myself alive.

all of a sudden a curly brown hair boy walked out with a trash bag putting into the metal can. ''there he is'' Harvey said beeping the horn. I shifted in my seat, waiting for all of my unstable mental stress capacity to explode.

Henry's green eyes looked up and when he noticed us he smiled and waved. we stopped as tommy rolled down her window. ''hey guys how's a going'' he said cheerfully. my heart beat grew faster with every word. ''are you ready'' Harvey asked him leaning back in his seat. 

''oh yeah just got to tell my mum that I'm leaving'' he smiled that gorgeous smile, my heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to explode out of my chest. he walked inside and came back out waving back to his mom saying bye.

he entered the car, and I could feel Harvey's eyes glaring on me in the rear view mirror.  Henry entered the car. '' hey Valerie'' he said making my heart do cartwheels inside my chest.