Letter

Victor Nikiforov

I've never asked for much; Just love and life.

Maybe I shouldn't have bothered.

I found it. I found love and I found life in Yuri.

But now my love and life is dying. Because Yuri is dying.

I was only taught true happiness at 27, when I met Yuri. And not even a year later I'm loosing that valuable and new emotion.

I'm not going to let it slip out of my fingers that easily, not when there's still something I can do.

Yuri doesn't want to die despite what he's trying to delude himself into. He told me so earlier. I could never sit by knowing that Yuri is suffering. 

And he hid his feelings to protect me? No, Yuri is the priority in terms of protection. I can handle slavitude and torture but he can't handle death. Nobody can.

I thank the waitress for my coffee and warm one hand on it as I scroll through the contacts on my phone with the other;

"What?" I almost smile at how characteristic the answer is.

"Hello Yura"

"How did you get my number?"

"I'm your brother"

"No you're not" I find myself having no comeback. I've given up on trying to be his brother.  I killed his mother. I really have no right to be his brother anyway.

"What do you want?"

"Tell Yakov I just booked a flight for tonight"

"You're seriously coming to the colony?"

"Yes" I assert. I've got the ticket for 5am and I don't plan on wasting it. No more sitting around doing nothing, I have to act.

"Are you stupid or something? You might never be free again Victor! And all this for Yuri fucking Katsuki?"

"All this for Yuri Katsuki"

I'd be a slave for the rest of my life as long I know Yuri is somewhere in the world, alive and breathing.

"You're so... human" He spits bitterly.

"Thank you" a natural smile paints my features.

That's all I've ever wanted.

I've never belonged among vampires as a whole; I may be friends with some like Chris and Jewel but in general I'm an outcast.

I'm comfortable in the human world though, with human friends, human fans and a human fiancé. It's where I feel at home.

"I guess I'll see you soon" I continue, noticing I've rendered my brother speechless.

"I hope Katsuki finds out and stops you from ruining your life"

"That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me" I chuckle as I sip my bitter coffe. I'm a lover of sweet coffe but where I'm going isn't sweet at all.