Demons

Yuri Katsuki

After what feels like an eternity, both Victor's tears and mine dry up. Now I'm cuddled up with him on the sofa in dead scilence. There's nothing more I can say really. The situation is simple; my life can only go in two directions; ither winning the GP and lifting this curse or not winning and dying in a year.

Before, I wanted to live because I couldn't leave my mother alone with her illness, but now I have another reason. I can't leave Victor.

I squeeze him tighter and inhale his scent; it's so refreshing, like lime and mint. I won't be able to smell this if I'm dead. I won't be able to see his smile, or his ocean blue eyes. I won't be able to feel his cool skin.

If I die....

Ever since I can remember I've had nightmares about the date of my death. They told me that I'd only live until I was 25. So I wasn't afraid to die. But now I realise I am. I'm afraid of leaving Victor behind.

"I'm sorry" I park my thoughts and look up at Victor. His eyes show me indescribable sadness.

"For what?"

"Saying what I said before, getting angry... I was being stupid and jealous. I'm so sorry" he rests his cheek on the Crown of my head and lightly strokes the point where my hair ends and my nape begins, sending overwhelming comphort through my body.

After all that happened I forgot about our argument earlier. Our stupid argument.

"No I'm sorry. I was being irrational"

"Yes but I shouldn't have said what I said in the first place"

"You're right. But I also didn't need to react the way I did. I probably hurt you." I look away from him and absentmindedly smooth the creases of his gray jumper. There's no way Victor only sees me as Twelve. If he did he wouldn't have reacted the way he did when I was spilling blood, or telling him I'm dying. He looked so sacred...

"I owe you an explenation... it was three years before Chris got a taste of my blood, I offered it to him as a thank you for all his help. I owed him alot. I'm sure you'll get some soon too so don't worry..."

"I don't want it" Victor's cold words freeze my body in place. I never imagined this would happen. My blood has never been rejected.

"You don't?"

"If I take your blood and you have another one of these accidents-"

"It doesn't work like that Victor. It only happens after I go purple"

"Purple?" He frowns down at me. I point at my eyes in responce;

"Did you notice my eyes turning purple earlier?"

"Now that you mention it... yes"

"It's my vampire trait. When that side of me takes control my eyes hue turns from brown to purple. Once my alter ego subsides it happens" Victor's frown turns to understanding. Now he understands that if he sees my eyes and behaviour change, he knows to prepare for another round of blood spill.

"Victor. You and my mother are the only people that know what I am. I do trust you to keep this secret but I'm telling you anyway. If this gets out I'll be executed." I feel Victor tense after I speak. I think I'm overloading him with too many painful truths in such a short period of time.