Departure

Raina's POV.

After the battle plan for attacking had been explained, everyone left the main room and began to get all their gear on. The commander had gone to Raina and given her a rank and told her which x-wing she would be using. She was now 1st Lieutenant Raina Starlight. Luke was made a 1st Lieutenant as well. He had also been made 5th inline for leader of the x-wing squadron. She was 6th She prayed she would not become the leader, because that would mean that Luke would have to be gone.

Raina had gotten all her gear on and was heading for her x-wing, when she saw Han and Luke talking. She headed over to them to see Luke walk away angry. "Hey, Luke...may the Force be with you!" Han shouted smiling. Luke turned and waved politely. Han believed in the force too?

She walked up to Han. "Hey." He looked at her. "Hey." He answered, picking up a heavy crate and loading it into the Falcon. "Are you actually leaving?" She asked. He sighed heavily. "Look, I already got an earful from Luke. I really don't need one from you to." He said. Raina nodded. "I know. I don't understand why your leaving, though."

"I have a felt to pay off. If I stay, then every bounty hunter in the galaxy will have me on their list. I have to go." He said. Raina understood. "I understand. Good luck Han." She said putting out her hand. He seemed surprised. He shook it.

"Thanks. Good luck to you to. Don't go getting yourself killed. And...make sure, that kid doesn't either. He has a big heart, he can be pretty dumb sometimes." Han smiled. Raina smiled. "I will. Take care Han." "You too." "Oh and may the force be with you." She said.

Han scoffed. "You believe in all that too? Wow, you and that kid..." He mumbled. "Yes. I do." She answered. He rolled his eyes and smiled. "Well...if that's so then...May the force be with you as well, Raina." She smiled. "Don't be a stranger." She said. He smiled. "See you." Raina nodded and walked off.

As she was walking to her x-wing she saw Luke and Leia talking. He seemed upset. Then she saw Leia lean up and kiss him on the cheek. He looked surprised and dreamily watched her as she walked off. Raina laughed and rolled her eyes.

She walked over to him. "Hey, Skywalker." He turned around and smiled at her. "Hey, Raina." "So...this is it." She said. He nodded. "Guess so. I wish Han would change his mind." He sighed. Raina nodded. "Me too, but he has his own path that he feels, he needs to follow. Just like we do." She said. Luke nodded. "That's what Leia said." Raina nodded. "Leia knows what she's talking about."

He smiled at her. "Good luck out there and be careful." He told her seriously. "You too. I don't want to have to repay you for saving my life, just yet, so stay safe." She giggled. He chuckled as well. "I will." Raina paused and became serious. "I want to thank you again, Skywalker, for rescuing us and risking your life to do so. I owe you, big time." She said. He smiled and shook his head. "Don't worry about it. And you can repay me later." "How?" She asked. "I don't know. I'll think about it." He smiled. She laughed.

"Okay. Well...I better go. Good luck Skywalker. And may the force be with you." She smiled and shook his hand. He looked confused. "Thanks. Wait. You believe in the-" Raina nodded and smiled. "The Force? Yes. I strongly believe in it." She said. Luke smiled and nodded. "May the force be with you too Raina." She saluted him playfully and walked off.

She jumped in her x-wing and began take off. They all reported in and flew towards the approaching Death Star. "May the force be with us." She said quietly.