Victory and Freedom

Luke's POV.

The Emperor walked towards him. Luke watched unmoving. He was no longer afraid. "If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed!" The Sith raised his hand to Luke, shooting him with bolts of electricity. Luke fell against the railing of the bridge and was taken by surprise at the Emperors abilities.

Through the awful pain Luke tried to use the Force and deflect the blasts. At first he was successful, but the bolts became stronger, faster and more intense. It was too much for Luke to bare. He fell to the ground, trying to hold in cries of pain.

Darth Vader's POV.

Vader cried out in pain, as Luke slashed his hand off. His mechanical nerves were panicking. Vader watched as his son moved over to him, with his saber pointed at his throat. Luke loved his sister yes, but hated Vader. That together made him strong in the dark side. He had never wanted his son to hate him. That was not his plan. Vader knew this would be it. Luke would kill him and take his place with the Emperor.

"Good!" His master raved over Luke. Luke looked over at him. Vader watched helplessly. He hadn't felt this weak sense he had fought Obi-Wan on Mustifar. "Your hate has made you powerful. Now, fulfill your destiny and take your father's place at my side!" His master ordered Luke. He watched Luke turn and look at him. Vader looked at his son with sad eyes. He waited for his son to run him through, but instead Luke looked from Vader back to his own hand.

Luke stared at his black gloved hand for a moment in thought. He then looked back to Vader and closed his eyes. He felt Luke's anger, fear and hatred quickly devolve away. Now his son was only filled with peace and mostly love. Vader frowned in confusion.

Luke turned to the Emperor and through his lightsaber away. Vader's eyes widened. He watched Luke. "Never! I'll never turn to the dark side. You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi,. . ." Then he saw Luke gesture to him. "Like my father before me." He proclaimed proudly.

Something about what Luke had said warmed Vader deep down. His son loved him so much that he refused to kill him. Vader was in utter surprise. His master had been wrong. Luke didn't turn.

Vader looked to see Palpatine glaring at Luke. Vader could feel his anger and hatred. "So be it. . .Jedi." Vader could feel the power and strength Luke had and it was not coming from the dark side. No. It was coming from light. "If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed!" Palpatine exclaimed.

He raised his hand toward Vader's son. Vader knew immediately what he was doing. Flashes of memories from when he was a young man and Jedi Knight in the order came back to him. Seeing the Emperor attack Mace Windu with the same terrible lightning and then killing him.

Luke cried out in pain as bolts of lightning hit him. His son tried to use the Force to deflect them, but the Emperor was much stronger, Vader knew. After succeeding at first, Luke finally fell to the floor in agony. "Young fool...only now, at the end, do you understand." Vader's master spoke.

Vader quickly got up and limped over to his master and his son. He stood and watched as Palpatine electrocuted Vader's flesh and blood. "Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the dark side. You have paid the price for
your lack of vision." The Emperor spoke.

Luke saw Vader and reached out to him through the blue volts of electricity. "Father, please!" He begged. Then cried out in agony. Vader heard his son's please and began to feel the urge to save him, but did nothing. He just stood and watched. "Help me!" Luke cried out.