Facing The Truth

Luke's POV.

Luke watched as Raina walked back into the hut. She had just admitted that she loved him. She hadn't told him straight out. She had stopped herself before she could complete her sentence, but Luke knew what she was going to say. He had wanted very much to tell her the same thing, but knew that as a Jedi he couldn't. It hurt him terribly.

It nearly broke his heart to see her cry and knowing that he was the one making her cry made it worse. After hearing the truth about why she had left Luke understood and knew it was probably for the best that she did. He would have definitely turned to the dark side for her. He wasn't sure, but there was a possibility that he still would. He knew he probably wouldn't see Raina again.

Luke knew he wouldn't turn to the dark side and that he would most likely die, but he prayed that his father would turn to the light and join him against the emperor. That was a small small chance, though.

Luke looked over to Leia and smiled warmly. She walked over to him. "Luke, what's wrong?" She asked. Luke looked at Leia. "Leia. . .do you remember your mother? Your real mother?" He asked. Leia looked at him curiously. "Just a little bit. She died when I was very young." Leia told him. "What do you remember?" He asked wanting she smiled warmly. "Just. . .images, really. Feelings." She said. Luke sat h down again on the log bench. "Tell me." He smiled.

Leia seemed surprised by his insistence, but told him anyway. "She was very beautiful. Kind, but...sad." She looked back at him. "Why are you asking me all this?" She asked. Luke looked down. "I have no memory of my mother. I never knew her."

Leia put her hand on Luke's. "Luke, tell me. Whats troubling you?" She asked softly. Luke almost wanted to tell her about everything, but he couldn't. "Vader's here...now, on this moon." He said. Leia looked at him in alarm. "How do you know?" "I felt his presence. He's come for me. He can feel when I'm near. That's why I have to go." He explained he looked at her.

"As long as I stay, I'm endangering the group and our mission here." He whispered. He looked down then back up at Leia. "I have to face him." Leia looked at him in confusion and worry. "Why?" She asked. Luke moved closer to Leia. He for peace with the truth, but didn't want to scare her. He spoke gently and calmly. "He's my father." Leia looked at him, horrified by the truth. "Your father?"

Luke looked at her. He needed to tell her. "There's more. It won't be easy for you to hear it, but you must. If I don't make it back, you're the only hope for the Alliance." Leia shook her head and stepped back, not wanting to believe it. Luke knew she was strong enough to know the truth. "Luke, don't talk that way. You have a power I--I don't understand and could never have." She smiled gently at him. He shook his head and a smile formed on his lips. "You're wrong, Leia. You have that power too. In time you'll learn to use it as I have." He told her.

Luke paused and looked down. It was time she knew the whole truth. "The Force is strong in my family. My father has it. . .I have it. . .and. . .my sister has it." He looked up at her. He face shows surprise fear, confusion, yet understanding. She looked into his eyes and stepped back slightly. He nodded at her. "Yes. It's you Leia." He confirmed. She blinked and looked down. "I know. Somehow. . .I've always known." She finished now looking up at him.

"Then you know why I have to face him." He said. She got up quickly and shook her head. "No! Luke, run away, far away. If he can feel your presence, then leave this place. I wish I could go with you." He stood up and looked down on her. He smiled loving at his sister. "No, you don't. You've always been strong."

Luke watched as tears filled Leia's eyes. "But, why must you confront him?" He held onto her arms and looked into her eyes. "Because. . .there is good in him. I've felt it. He won't turn me over to the Emperor. I can save him. I can turn him back to the good side. I have to try." The two hugged eachother and said there goodbyes. Luke leaned down and kissed his sister's cheek. With that he turned around and walked down the wooden pathway.