The Confrontation

Luke's POV.

Luke jumped out of hyperspace and flew towards Bespin. Luke looked worriedly at the planet. He had to get to Han and Leia. Artoo  whistled a question. "No, Threepio's with them." He answered the droid. Artoo whistled and beeped worriedly. "Just hang on. We're almost there." He told the droid. His x-wing glided down through the clouds. Luke could see the glimmering city in the distance.

Luke finally landed on the docking bay of the city. He saw a few Imperial ships docked. Worry began to fill him. "Come on. We have to hurry." He told Artoo. He and Artoo ran through the halls of the city. Luke made sure to stay alert. The hallways were deserted. Something definitely wasn't right here.

Luke heard footsteps. He quickly pulled out his blaster and hid behind a wall. He peeked out. Artoo began to beep loudly. He glared at the droid and gestured with his hand to keep it down. The droid stopped. A tall bounty hunter, who Luke recognized from an earlier mission as Boba Fett, came walking down the hallway. Behind were two men who were guiding a floating encased body of his dear friend, Han Solo. Luke glared at the bounty hunter. What had he done to Han? If only Luke would have gotten there earlier.

Luke quietly followed them down another hallway. He hid behind a doorway and watched as they disappeared down the next hallway. Luke walked out ready to follow them. Boba Fett spotted Luke and shot a laser at him, but missed. It hit the wall making a huge hole in it. The two men rushed Han's encased body into the next hallway, Fett followed. Luke rushed to the other hallway, but was too late. Boba Fett and the two men, with Hans body were gone. Luke cursed silently.

He heard footsteps and talking, coming from the next hallway. He hid behind a corner and watched. It was Leia, Chewbacca and Threepio. They were with another man, who seemed to be quite wealthy. Three stormtroopers lead them down the hallway. Luke quietly ran after them, using the walls for protection. His plain failed, though.

One of the storm troopers along with an Imperial officer spotted Luke's shadow. They began to fire at him. He fired back. Luke pressed his back up against the wall, trying to avoid the blasts. The blasting stopped for a moment as the offers and troopers tried to rush Luke's friends out to the next hallway. Luke peeked out and saw Leia. The officer was pushing her down the hall.

At that moment Leia must have seen Luke, because all of the sudden Leia began screaming to Luke. "Luke!" She yelled. Luke felt the need to go immediately and help her, but held back the urge. If he went now he would be captured as well. The officer forced her forward into the next hall. She held onto the doorway and pulled herself back to see Luke. "Luke don't! It's a trap!" She yelled they pulled her off the doorway. She disappeared. Luke heard Leia struggling. She appeared again holding onto the doorway, with all her might. "It's a trap!" She screamed. She was pulled away and forced down the next hallway. His friends along with their captors disappeared down the hallway.

He knew Leia was right, but couldn't leave his friends. Luke ran over to the hallway and peeked in. They were already gone. Suddenly as Artoo was rolling towards the doorway to join Luke, a metal door slammed down, cutting off Luke's exit. Then some other doors slammed down leaving only one way for Luke to go.

He walked in the doorway cautiously. As he walked down the hallway he felt a dark feeling, tickle in the back of his brain. He had a very bad feeling about this. Luke found an round opening in the ceiling. He looked up to see what it was, when a panel he was apparently standing on began to move up. He felt panic arise. He breathed and calmed himself. He needed to focus.

The panel stopped at the top. Luke looked around. He was in a large chamber, pipes hang form the ceiling letting out steam. The panel in the floor closed. Luke looked down, startled by it.